Is Zambia China's First Colony?

Australia told China to piss off out of Victoria with their roads funding and are seeking to terminate the lease on a port in Darwin and Western Australia.
Gee Gee Ping ain't a happy Vegemite and banned our coal, some meat and wine.
Now they are buying our coal from another country because there's is shit. On top of that they pay 3x what we would have sold it to them.
Countries should stand up to China.
Even tho I don't overly like Donald Trump he had a brilliant idea of billing China for the kung flu they let loose and wiping out all countries debts to China.
Bob

Australia told China to piss off out of Victoria with their roads funding and are seeking to terminate the lease on a port in Darwin and Western Australia.
Gee Gee Ping ain't a happy Vegemite and banned our coal, some meat and wine.
Now they are buying our coal from another country because there's is shit. On top of that they pay 3x what we would have sold it to them.
Countries should stand up to China.
Even tho I don't overly like Donald Trump he had a brilliant idea of billing China for the kung flu they let loose and wiping out all countries debts to China.
Bob
the problem is Bob that although the belt and road curb was flattened by Scomo, Dan is still running Victoria on the borrowed yuan from the CCP,
my worry is that like other countries that have lost their facilities and infrastructure for example Uganda loosing Entebbe airport we may be next in line to not be able to repay debt to the Chinese that Dan has said he is not worried about paying back as he takes out more debt but has not added one more hospital bed out of the 4000 extra beds he promised because of the pandemic
why else would you be borrowing billions for?
l dont believe we are out of the woods because the belt and road was not left up to Dan because Scomo took the permission away from the states to be able to do deals with other countries
the Chinese have been buying our real estate up big time and for a long time
maybe we Victorians will be Chinas first colony, who knows
Dan did say in a speech that he had opened the door to Australia through Victoria for the Chinese
while we get rid of the Chinese from our land we also need to get rid of the pollys who work for them

Zambia became an "independent" country 57 years and one month ago. It's population was 3.5 million at the time. There are, as of yesterday, 19,100,000 people living in Zambia. All of the adults alive during the time of transition are dead. It might be time for Indigenous Zambians to accept some of the responsibility for the way things are.....instead of blaming "colonizers". And saying "Hunting safaris fill an uncomfortable slot" begs the question, who's discomfort? As long as liberal Northern Europeans continue to blame themselves, the corruption in Africa will continue unabated. It is truly the ultimate in racism to say effectively, "they can't help themselves, it's our fault." The good and the bad in Africa (and there is a lot of both) cannot all be laid at the feet of people who died a half a century ago.......FWB
The discomfort affects some of those who are involved with hunting safaris, or - like me - who have been involved in both hunting and conservation management and research there on and off from 1966 to 2008, and who understand the importance of securing a value for wildlife and wild country that benefits the customary villagers of the chiefdoms and the country as a whole. The discomfort comes from the following: 1) the government firmly taking over the GMAs where the hunting takes place - which are part of the chiefdoms - and extracting most of the income; 2) the removal from customary people of any ownership rights to game animals - even though they live in their areas, and being jailed in horrible conditions - both man, wife and child - for up to 7-years for being in possession of game meat; 3) the neocolonial privatization of these areas by private and donor organizations at the expense of the traditional and spiritual management of the areas, who then operate a military operation against the local people; 4) the adoption of damaging management practices such as early burning - rather than early-late burning; 5) the production by the government of unscientific hunting quotas; 6) the removal of a safari and land management company with a government investor certificate (mine) that exposes the aforementioned issues and the operation by government employees of a commercial poaching operation.

This is what happened to me and my family after a $3.5 million investment over 8 years - one of my two sons who were doing the hunting, arrested and put on a plane even though he played no part whatsoever in my activism. And I did three tours since self-rule as a senior officer in the Wildlife Department.

Zambians don't much blame 'colonizers', for they realize that their own government has assumed the role of the colonizer - in partnership with plunder capitalism. Since independence in 1964 customary land has declined by 20%, and if you count the takeover of the GMA part of the chiefdoms, 42%. History reveals that generally, British colonial efforts from the early work of the British South Africa Chartered Company, to Indirect Rule through the chiefs, through to full self-rule and independence was a remarkable effort. That all changed when the British replaced white politicians with independent black politicians, destroying Indirect Rule through the chiefs, instead of handing over to them and their spiritual guardians of the land - albeit with a more democratic structure.

So now we have neocolonialism and the eternal landgrab.

But what do we do about it - apart from carrying on hunting and photo safaris? Have a look at my Guardians of Eden Manual. It is FREE!

Hi Ian just wondering when you were last here in zambia?...
Hello!
Last their physically 7 June 2008; otherwise always there while the candle burns.

Here some photos...First are when you come out of the new terminal at lusaka Airport built by the Chinese and opened in Aug
20211215_140245.jpg

20211215_140317.jpg

20211215_140337.jpg

20211215_140424.jpg

These are places I pass driving out of and into lusaka on way to and from takeri..not great photos as took from cruiser to put on here...

20211207_121428.jpg

20211207_121447.jpg
20211207_121451.jpg
20211207_123019.jpg
20211208_054317.jpg
20211208_054317.jpg
20211208_055517.jpg
20211208_055932.jpg

Next pretty bad but was into the sun..but its a massive Chinese economic zone being built quite a way from lusaka ...there is another just outside lusaka Airport as well...takes a bit to drive past it on the road...if you look you can see the Chinese company that built airport terminal also owns the economic zones

20211208_071108.jpg
20211208_071111.jpg
20211208_071135.jpg
20211208_071144.jpg
20211208_071154.jpg
20211208_071158.jpg

In the next 10 years, they will be on top, I believe so.
They are dedicated and determine to lead the world. its going to be interesting.

The Chinese are showing us how it's done.
Why do we complain ?
Or do any of us really believe that a head of state is friendly to us, the West, because we constantly call for human rights in his country and want to know where our money actually goes?

On road to airport there is a big new advertising banner for one of the Chinese companies.....all lettering in big Chinese script...with small English words underneath each line....if you don't look carefully you would think its just Chinese....plenty of adverts on roadsides with Chinese as one of the languages used ....saw one lot by one of the banks and that was only in Chinese....they are into everything here...mining....shops...farming...construction from massive developments to small building operations...etc etc etc....
Greed!

The Chinese are showing us how it's done.
Why do we complain ?
Or do any of us really believe that a head of state is friendly to us, the West, because we constantly call for human rights in his country and want to know where our money actually goes?

The reason as you say is they are showing how its done...is simply because their companies etc don't have any scrutiny as to how they operate anywhere....European and USA companies would be taken to the cleaners by the USA government especially..and also by the European Courts for ...how shall we say practices that now are not allowed...but the Chinese...not a problem....so not as simple as you put it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross