Is That a Deer or Not?

That is exactly how it looks by my treestand after dark and before sunrise!

Yep looks like it to me!

its amazing what turns up after the lights go out. Been ploughing late this week the amount of deer I saw in the dark some quite large groups funny to watch them cross the field they looked a little confused

That place needs some doe management!

Looks like deer to me

13165483531074698955Deer Crossing Road Sign.svg.hi.png

its amazing what turns up after the lights go out. Been ploughing late this week the amount of deer I saw in the dark some quite large groups funny to watch them cross the field they looked a little confused
Sounds like you're burning the midnight oil. Would this have anything to do with a trip to the Eastern Cape later next month? (y)

There is a road going through the estate I stalk Fallow on, and even though it is national speed limit I drive it at night at 40mph as that has happened too many times and I don't need a big bill.

Sounds like you're burning the midnight oil. Would this have anything to do with a trip to the Eastern Cape later next month? (y)
oh no this is for the next trip

Reminds me of when I was working as a camp counselor at Camp Longhorn on Inks Lake outside of Burnet, TX. This is the heart of the Texas Hill Country and there are deer every where. As counselors we had every other evening off from 6pm to 12:30pm off. Several of us counselors had spent the evening eating pizza and watching the movie Aliens in the counselor room. To get to my cabin I had to walk across an open field in the pitch dark when the deer came running by. You can imagine what I thought they were. So being the good Texas Aggie that I am I could not show fear in presence of so many Longhorns. I let out a very loud whoop and charged straight into the herd. Do you know how hard it is to get twelve 9 year old boys back to sleep after a deer breaks down the door to their cabin and runs a few laps inside the cabin. Unbelievable :A Banana:

I was pulling on to the road that leads to Colorado Bend S.P. in the Texas Hill Country one night, and a scene like that happened to me...... Unfortunately, it was at night and in March. Not deer season!!!!

When I ran a kitchen at a Boy Scout Camp in Haugen Wisconsin, they were all over the road including the lawn in front of my cabin

my friend thinks it's fallow-deer, is it possible?

my friend thinks it's fallow-deer, is it possible?

Looks like Fallow to me. The right body size and shape, plus you can just make out the tail on them.

Yes, fallow deer, there is a great population in that area.

Mannlicher

I think fallow deer , or it could be also Sika deers.
I saw often hundres oh them in CZ.
At least in wintertime at Marianske Laszne/Marienbad.
Foxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber