Is PayPal the only way to become a supporter?

JPetroni

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay)
I just do not care for the Company.

Thanks

JP

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I second this in that it would be great to find an alternative means from PP to be able to support here.

It was the owners of PP that turned me off.
Do not let it worry you because if PP is the only way, save your money.

I use PayPal friends and family all the time. I just don't tell them what its for.
It's nice that the woke crowd supports my habit...

I use PayPal friends and family all the time. I just don't tell them what its for.
It's nice that the woke crowd supports my habit...
Yeah, they cancelled my account twice using F/F. They have a team tracking transactions for this sort of thing

Yeah, they cancelled my account twice using F/F. They have a team tracking transactions for this sort of thing
Hmmm, please adise how they found out you are a gxx guy? Seriously, I need to know how to avoid the scrutiny.

As it was told to me, you'll get tripped up one of two ways. First, if you've ever made a gun transaction with PP, they put the AI engine on you generally, and look for matches to your transactions with typical sites. The other way is for someone to give it away by listing the item or brand or something like that. The AI engine pulls that right away. The tracking is very simple with their resources. One my accounts was closed for selling a choke tube, the other for a P320 grip module. Both within the rules. But they still forfeit all money in your account. You get no say in the matter and they won't even document your side. Even if they are wrong. There is a large Class Action underway against them.

I've used USPS MOs on both the buy side and sell side on this side no problems.

Despite their anti-gun stances, both Amazon and eBay sell lots of gun stuff, including unwittingly full automatic kits, silencer kits. But an 11 rd magazine gets you booted.

I just do not care for the Company.

Thanks

JP
Hi JP, Unfortunately PayPal is the only option at this time however you wanting to support the site is greatly appreciated. My best, Jerome

With using PP, I have used descriptions such as cordless hole puncher, protective gear, additional security equipment, and several other types of descriptions to send through them, but I never keep any money in that account that stays there. I also don't tie it to my main bank account, it is tied to a separate account so they don't have access to my everyday funds.

Hi JP, Unfortunately PayPal is the only option at this time however you wanting to support the site is greatly appreciated. My best, Jerome

Jerome, I really do want to support the site !!!!!!! As soon as there is another option I will be the first one in line!!!!!! I can also appreciate the dilemma of getting payments from members on a worldwide basis, complicated.

I guess is this day in age I am not willing to give my financial information to a third party pay system that can, at the drop of a hat, consider you persona non grata along with the possibility of having to forfeit one’s funds. I truly hope at some point you reconsider available options. I could be incorrect but I would put forth that if there was another alternative that more folks might participate.

In closing I just want to make clear that I intend no disrespect or malice of any sort, or to cause any trouble. I love your site !!!!!! and the folks that participate here.

All the Very best,

JPetroni

Last edited:
I agree, Paypal is a terrible company.

On the other hand, the latency of other forms of payment like cash, cashiers check, and money order is largely unacceptable. It’s also rife with fraud. It also is arduous.

For all the flaws of Paypal, they are nothing compared to the cost, bloat, and incompetence of the US postal service which is the legs that send other forms of payment.

Of course, you can always pop $35 for a wire transfer for moving money around domestically or $50 internationally.

For me, I have a $1000 surcharge for being forced to go to the post office and a $100 surcharge for having to go to a bank in person. For those reasons, zelle/paypal/venmo provide instant results of getting somebody money that is owed.

If you think Paypal is bad, you should spend an hour looking up the history of your banking institution. They generally have a history of everything from supporting facist regimes, funding genocide, or providing financing for slave auctions. At least the largest of US banks that seem to have the majority of accounts. It makes Paypal seem almost more moral than the alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg