Is it worth getting a 375?

I have helped a couple friends with Zastava's, Refinished the stocks, glass bedded the action, and slicked up the action and shot them allot and have a cost effective hunting rifle.

You must still be a newlywed otherwise you would have realized that wives NEVER EVER admit to being wrong......despite overwhelming evidence.
@degoins
They will soon learn
Rule 1
Wife is always right.
Rule 2
If wife is wrong refer to Rule 1.

The man always gets the last 2 words in in any argument with said wife.
Bob
Yes dear.

If I could only have one rifle, it would be a 375HH.

You should never need to justify in your mind the logic behind wanting to try a new rifle and caliber, it may make you want to try something new in your hunting endeavors.

Let the fun begin

Ok in all seriousness, i am considering getting a 375, why? I don't know hence the the question. Some applicable information. I am not planning on hunting DG now or in the future as it just doesn't make sense in a financial point of view for the hunting i do. I mainly hunt PG such as Impala, blesbok, wildebeest and will never miss an opportunity at a warthog. All things that a 30-06 can comfortably take. As i hunt in the bushveld of South Africa i am not worried at longer than 250m shots.

I guess i like. The idea of the 3 7 5 as a classic bushveld hunting rifle. But a hell of a lot more recoil than a 06, cost is higher than the 06, and for thr intended species its obviously not necessary, so why the hell do i want a 375 to use as a primary hunting rifle?

Is it a new pandemic that i am caught in?
Get it because you want it. I never confuse want with need. I wanted to hunt DG with a DR in a classic caliber so I bought my 450-400 DR. I have other great bolt actions that could have easily done the job…but I wanted to do it my way!!! You will not regret it

I just purchased a .375 for a couple of hunts that are on the planner, but still over a year away. A hunt in Grizzly country, where the bears hunt back, and for a Buffalo hunt in SA. Really, unless it's a round that destroys a lot of meat, I've never felt over gunned while hunting. I once grabbed my .300 Wby mag for a boar hunt, only because It was a last minute thing and I had loaded up some ammo that was extremely accurate. Long story short, I got tangled up with a 500+ (the scales bottomed out) boar with a nasty attitude. He charged once, missed and ran a few yards and turned for another shot at me. I was able to remain cool and put one right behind his shoulder. He dropped where he was. I'm glad I didn't take my .30-.30 which is normally adequate for most boar.
Also, I'm told the .375 is the minimum cal. that can be used to hunt cape buffalo, at least where I'm hunting. This will be my first SA hunt, so I only know what I read about that hunt. I guess if I can only take one gun, the .375 will be it. Glad I bought it. Keeps me motivated to go, but ammo is expensive as hell, and I bought a condo, and no longer reload.

Let the fun begin

Ok in all seriousness, i am considering getting a 375, why? I don't know hence the the question. Some applicable information. I am not planning on hunting DG now or in the future as it just doesn't make sense in a financial point of view for the hunting i do. I mainly hunt PG such as Impala, blesbok, wildebeest and will never miss an opportunity at a warthog. All things that a 30-06 can comfortably take. As i hunt in the bushveld of South Africa i am not worried at longer than 250m shots.

I guess i like. The idea of the 3 7 5 as a classic bushveld hunting rifle. But a hell of a lot more recoil than a 06, cost is higher than the 06, and for thr intended species its obviously not necessary, so why the hell do i want a 375 to use as a primary hunting rifle?

Is it a new pandemic that i am caught in?
A couple years back I bought (2) .375 H&H the same day. A CZ 550 and a SAKO Finnbear. Liked the SAKO because it was beautiful and fit me well. Sold the CZ to my hunting partner and took the SAKO along with a .243 on my next Safari. My intention was to shoot more of my tiny 10. I ended up shooting a Buff, Giraffe, Zebra, Sable, third Wildebeest, and Wharthog with the .375! Why? -opportunity. I wasn’t planning to hunt DG or larger animals, but I was prepared for the circumstance.

That said, both of the .375’s are right handed and I shoot left. Since then I’ve switched to all left handed rifles. Including a new SAKO .375 H&H in left hand. I booked Africa this year and Kamchatka for Moose and Bear…

I guess I’ll bring the .243 for back up?

and took the SAKO along with a .243 on my next Safari. My intention was to shoot more of my tiny 10, but I was prepared for the circumstance.

That said, both of the .375’s are right handed and I shoot left. Since then I’ve switched to all left handed rifles. Including a new SAKO .375 H&H in left hand. I booked Africa this year

I guess I’ll bring the .243 for back up?

We could start a new thread.

"Is it worth buying a .243?"

Good luck with your hunt, take that .243 no need to lift the tiny yen with a .375 but having both gives you options as opportunity presents.

Good luck with your hunt, take that .243 no need to lift the tiny yen with a .375 but having both gives you options as opportunity presents.
Townsend @Bob Nelson 35Whelen thinks it is.

We would have to ban Bob 35 W from the 243 discussion as he is not taking his pills & would have a melt down:sneaky:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois