Is Browning Long Range Pro ammo any good?

ILDRHNTR

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
P&Y, B&C, RMEF, NWTF
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the browning long range pro ammo. I found a few boxes of 300 WSM with the 195grn Sierra Tipped Matchkings and am wondering how they perform.

Are they accurate? Reloadable? How well do the Sierras hold up?

They appear good according to the ballistic charts. Maintain good energy, relatively flat shooting, etc.

No clue about it overall... I have shot a couple of boxes of the 308 165gr long range pro through one of my rifles.. I picked it up pretty cheap (maybe $35 a box?) when it was on sale.. Im not a huge fan of game kings in 308 (nothing wrong with them.. I just prefer other options like a TTSX), but the price was right, and the brass is good for re-loading..

They shot well for me, producing sub MOA at 100.. but thats as far as I shot them.. so I have no idea how they would have done at greater distances.. and I was also shooting off of a bunch of sandbags in pretty ideal conditions..

Cabelas recently had some 180 gr 30-06 Long Range Pro on the shelf.. it was a little pricier.. I think it was about $50 a box, so I passed on it.. Ive already got plenty of 30-06 bullets, brass, primers, etc. on hand.. and rarely buy new/factory ammo anymore unless I find it super cheap (becomes range fodder and brass for future loading) or unless its for a caliber I dont reload for (556/223, etc..)..

Like any ammo your rifle may like them and then again it might not.

I suppose that their tolerances may be a little bit tighter with this ammo along with loading a premium bullet instead of like a lot of the mass produced ammo that they manufacture.

Only shooting it will tell if it is the right ammo for your rifle.

Thank you both @mdwest & @JimP. I appreciate and understand the individual rifle preferences. I guess I was looking mainly for anyone who has used it and had any issues with the quality of it beyond just rifle preference. I also picked it up some time ago at a low price. Figured, worst case, it would be cheap target practice. @mdwest stated it best, can always be used for reloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frozenanna

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you