Is a trip to DSC or SCI worth it?

DSC without question because after all you get to meet .......me! :) Well others too If you attend our annual dinner. But more than that, you have the opportunity to meet in person many outfitters you’d consider spending your hard earned hunting dollars with.

The AH Dinner is actually one of the coolest things to do when attending DSC...

Its really nice putting faces and real names to usernames, catching up with old friends that youve met on prior hunts, at prior AH Dinners, or just have gotten to know a bit electronically over the prior years here, getting to chat with AH sponsors in a relaxed setting, etc..

I've all but quit going to the nightly DSC Dinners and Auctions at this point..

But I wont miss an AH Dinner at DSC...

SCI four times, three hunts because of the show and meeting the outfitters and PH's. Did you ever want to shoulder a $100,000.00 shotgun? you can there. Haven't been to DSC but I sure want to someday.

I am a life member of SCI, but don’t go to their shows, just too expensive compared to DSC. And DSC is usually before the SCI show, so you have the opportunity for better dates. There are “show specials” to be had, along with auctions to bid on. The plains game auctions sell for not much over daily rates and sometimes under.

+1 on good walking shoes. The shows are so big that it is easy to burn the first day and realize you’ve only seen 10% of the show.

Thanks for the info everyone, seems like DSC is the show to go to, if able.

I am just wondering if it’s worth traveling cross country to attend one of these shows?
Yes it is, but it pays to be prepared.

If you want to wander around and meet people, look at firearms, gear, clothing, books, art, etc. and have a good time just show up and enjoy yourself.

If you are serious about booking a hunt do your homework ahead of time. It would be a good idea to narrow down your search to at least country, area, and main species to hunt and a better idea to select several outfitters to meet prior to going.

The big shows can be overwhelming if you just show up and say I want to book a hunt.

Thanks Mike70560, good advice

I highly recommend attending one or the other.
I’ve been to SCI three times. The first was to meet the the two outfitters a booking agent recommended for my first safari. As I had already done my due diligence, I made my decision based on my conversations with them.
The second was to talk to Jamy Traut and finalize that decision. The balance of that convention was spent looking at guns and other equipment and talking to a few outfitters.
The third was in 2020. I was planning three future safaris. Two I was already decided on and just wanted to talk to the outfitters, both of whom I had previously hunted with. The third hunt, I know will be Zimbabwe again, just not where and with whom. I was also looking at a moose hunt in Newfoundland and found two possibles.
I‘d like to attend DSC sometime (not a member... yet).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IonaLannin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!