Introduction Double Rifle Recommendations?

I was late to post on this thread, and many of you guys that post regularly have hunted far more than I have during my life. Cal and Redleg can get too technical for me sometimes on the doubles conversations, but I still enjoy reading your disagreements. Redleg, since I have relatives in San Antonio, I may get out to your area for a lunch or beer someday. And Dog is always entertaining, no matter the subject, still hoping to get up to Anchorage to shoot with you someday and maybe meet Cal also. The three of you seem to have one opinion that is completely mine also. That is what "hunting" should be. I have never considered the idea of driving around in a vehicle until you see an animal you want to shoot, hunting. I have done this (in the U.S.) before the season opens to try and verify there is game in an area to hunt, but never used a vehicle to actually hunt out of. In my 60s now, when I go to South Africa next year on my first hunt, I will want to walk as far as possible relative to my age and fitness, and try to track the animal to within shooting distance. The sights, scents and sounds derived from walking and stalking are what the hunt memories are made up of. And the memories are the most important trophies to bring home and share.

Welcome anytime! Have just about finished the trophy room/guest house/gentlemen's club, and I can guarantee a Negra Modelo or Stella will be chilling in the box. PM me whenever you head this way.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,253
Members
169,514
Latest member
ChesterMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top