Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
I purchased a Mauser Model 2000 in 375 H&H from a friend about 12 years ago. I put it into my safe and never fired it. Because of feeding issues with my CZ 550 in 404 Jeffery which is at a local gunsmith's shop, I'm initiating Plan B which may have me taking the 375 H&H to Africa in July. I took it out of the safe and remounted the Leupold Vari X III 1.5x5 scope that came with it. I'll be using my Buddie's hand loads to start with since the rifle should already be zeroed for them. I'm taking it out to the range this Thursday to see how it shoots. I've looked online and cannot find out for sure if this was a factory chambering or not. The rifle is in pristine condition and looks to be all original. The serial number is 79427. I'm guessing that this is a "working" rifle and a cheap one at that. From the info I did find, the Model 2000 was made in the late 60s and early 70s. If possible I'd like to find out what year it was made. I'd also like to find out if anyone else has a similar Mauser Model 2000 and what they think of it.

I already have new Norma Brass, & Redding dies, and was thinking about using 300 Gr Swift A Frames. If anybody has a pet load and don't mind sharing it, I'd be happy to see and try .it

I purchased a Mauser Model 2000 in 375 H&H from a friend about 12 years ago. I put it into my safe and never fired it. Because of feeding issues with my CZ 550 in 404 Jeffery which is at a local gunsmith's shop, I'm initiating Plan B which may have me taking the 375 H&H to Africa in July. I took it out of the safe and remounted the Leupold Vari X III 1.5x5 scope that came with it. I'll be using my Buddie's hand loads to start with since the rifle should already be zeroed for them. I'm taking it out to the range this Thursday to see how it shoots. I've looked online and cannot find out for sure if this was a factory chambering or not. The rifle is in pristine condition and looks to be all original. The serial number is 79427. I'm guessing that this is a "working" rifle and a cheap one at that. From the info I did find, the Model 2000 was made in the late 60s and early 70s. If possible I'd like to find out what year it was made. I'd also like to find out if anyone else has a similar Mauser Model 2000 and what they think of it.

I already have new Norma Brass, & Redding dies, and was thinking about using 300 Gr Swift A Frames. If anybody has a pet load and don't mind sharing it, I'd be happy to see and try .it

Art the 300 grain Swift A Frames atop Federal Premium is what I am bringing on the trip!

Attached are some photos of my Mauser 375 H&H.
DSCN1641.JPG
DSCN1642.JPG
DSCN1643.JPG
DSCN1644.JPG
DSCN1645.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice looking rifle... maybe you should bring it to RSA and after your hunt sell it to me? :Smuggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg