In the air...

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
6,903
Reaction score
7,523
Location
Georgia
Media
204
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
13
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hey everyone, my Namibian trophies I took this past September are airborne. Left Namibia today in route to Joberg then onto NY then onto Pennsylvania to my taxidermist. Just wanted to give those who may be curious some number so far. Dip/pak crate and airfare $2803.00. This is for 6 animals. Still to come clearance fee's to importer and USFW fee's for daily storage. I ll up date everyone once the taxidermy/shipping to taxidermist is complete.
 
Thanks for sharing the information.

Do you know the volumetric weight?
 
As per SSI 110x82x115cms 3kgs
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, these taxidermy threads get me all ready to have mine!!!

Congrats Johnny!

And remember, if you only shoot one animal this next trip it won't be much cheaper to ship back. So....
 
Man, these taxidermy threads get me all ready to have mine!!!

Congrats Johnny!

And remember, if you only shoot one animal this next trip it won't be much cheaper to ship back. So....
You are trouble aren't you! I like the way you think!
 
Exciting news Johnny! I know the feeling once they get to the airline!
 
Yes Charlie it's exciting since these will be my first African trophies
 
Johnny do you have any idea what your wanting done with your trophies?
 
Maybe the eland can help the bison cook!:E Rofl:
Ya ok wise guy. Lol. For sure I'm doing this. I'll put the eland in the center, position the kudu exactly like this and I will put the gemsbok on the left. I will do the zebra and hartabeest together on a rock wall pedestal. The duiker I'll also do a wall pedestal

image.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zebra/hartabeest like this.

image.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Charlie it's exciting since these will be my first African trophies
ENJOY... and I really hope that these will NOT be your last!!!! ALWAYS a GREAT emotion when you hand a trophy on the wall... first time or not!!
 
Thanks Bruce, I'll be visiting with Jono from Kingsview Safari first week in May with the wife , non hunting trip both I managed somehow to get one hunting day in:sneaky:, so maybe I'll get luck with a few small antelope. God willing next year I'll go back for buffalo and plains game
 
........... 110x82x115cms 3kgs

I hope it is not 3 Kg. Missing some zeros I'll bet.
1037400 cc
That makes the ratio used about 3458 cc/Kg
Interesting.
 
Guess so. As long as there are 6 trophies in there I'm ok
 
Outstanding! Nothing like getting your trophies home. Sounds like you have most of the taxidermy figured out already. Won't be long and you will be able to look at them every day and remember your time in the African bush.
 
Some members were asking for a further break down on costs so hear it is, dip /pack $650.90 , airfreight from SA to USA $1898.00 trucking cost $223.83, wire transfer fee $75.00.
 
I wish we could do something about the wire fees, it seems criminal what they charge.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,537
Latest member
FaeDelano
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top