If I Owned A Double Rifle

:P Elmer Fudd:That's great speed sir! Your next safari .........well you are secure in the knowledge that you can get the shots off quickly. I think a great big snarling Cape buffalo is just the ticket you need to put this skill to test.
I bet we know someone who could help you find just such an opportunity!

:P Elmer Fudd:That's great speed sir! Your next safari .........well you are secure in the knowledge that you can get the shots off quickly. I think a great big snarling Cape buffalo is just the ticket you need to put this skill to test.
I bet we know someone who could help you find just such an opportunity!

I spoke to him about hippo as I think one of them running at me would make that speed a touch faster

how_to_drink_the_hemingway_way-620x412.jpg

Ernest Hemingway warned his neighbor several times. Keep your cat from crapping on my lawn

In England (well rural England) if a cat has no collar it classes as being feral and is fair game. Only thing is you have a lot of tree hugging people that move from the city's that "adopted" the bloody things!

Humph. Two fools down the street from me are operating a Cat Factory. They proudly say they're feeding 24 of them!

If I owned a classic double I would want the detail to look like this picture! It was posted here on AH and comes up from time to time as the server selects pictures to display!
View attachment 56143
When I took my bull last year he was with two others! He and the next oldest and biggest bull had no concern about the humans in their area. But the third bull always hung back a ways. This engraving says it all.

THATs a pretty rifle; but what I want is a DR thats aged from constant carry, where the blue is almost gone from around the barrels from being held over my shoulder, with the finish thin on the stock and the checkering is almost smooth from more shots then I can remember, and maybe just a touch of pitting from blood near the muzzels; BUT with the barrels clean and the sights sharp and lots of stories of stalks and successful hunts....Thats what I want in a double rifle.

As it turns out Ive owned more than my fair share of Doubles from the Russian Baikals to Sabbati to Merkel and a few others in between. Im not afraid to hunt with any of them; but I'll admit to leaving the Merkel in the safe when it was pouring outside.

Humph. Two fools down the street from me are operating a Cat Factory. They proudly say they're feeding 24 of them!

Do any of them have collars??

Surely you jest.

My kind of guy!

just use a silenced 22rf with hollow points. job done

Now you are serious. We've strayed from the OP's topic.

You can get 22rf double rifles

Art an inherited rifle like that is priceless. Hope to see it someday! I will most likely never own a double but I can dream.
aw come on charlie,your not even cashing your wal-mart paychecks.

aw come on charlie,your not even cashing your wal-mart paychecks.

Saving up to maybe get a deal on yours one day!

Es has the right idea

Possible new job, possible new double......access to Blanton's ! Man it's time for you to go back to Africa. And you didn't have to be nice to the brother n law.

Got that job I went Charlie bring on Africa again!!:S Dollar:

THATs a pretty rifle; but what I want is a DR thats aged from constant carry, where the blue is almost gone from around the barrels from being held over my shoulder, with the finish thin on the stock and the checkering is almost smooth from more shots then I can remember, and maybe just a touch of pitting from blood near the muzzels; BUT with the barrels clean and the sights sharp and lots of stories of stalks and successful hunts....Thats what I want in a double rifle.

Maybe a little like this one, well the blue is worn on the muzzle at least ;)
https://www.theexplora.com/a-westle...k-double-rifle-in-577-500-no-2-nitro-express/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois