Ideas please

Ha Ha! That I do have and I still have room inside the lodge too. Gotta make sure I have room for all trips to Africa!
 
Gizmo,
Looks like I'm gonna have to bring a lodge warming present!
 
Lol a game room warming present anyway. I'm hopin it's done by the time yall get here. We built it because we wanted to have another bar and a pool table. Will proally have a card table and a dart board also. I'm going to put a couch that folds out into a bed for a little extra sleeping room. I'd like to be able to sleep more people comfortably especially for dove season. I didn't want to have to walk back to the lodge to get another beer and slow the pool game down. It's going to be log and match the lodge. I figured that would look better than having a metal building next to the lodge. It started out just as a small building to put a water filtration system in with a 2500 gal water storage tank then turned into an office and game room. Now I wish we'd built it twice as big. I did however add a 20x40 car port on it to keep everybody's cars under it if a hail storm pops up.
 
I'm really going to push to get it done ASAP. I just gotta find some decent couches that fold into beds.
 
I bought a really comfortable one at Sam's club for an extra bed in my reloading room. Check them out everyone that has passed out on it loves it! Lol. Plus the added bonus of waking up to the sound of the dillon cranking them out. BTW, I'll get check out to ya mañana, had a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled Monday, haven't been to motivated to do much since.
 
No worries. Thanks for the info I'll check them out. Didn't know SAMs had that kinda stuff. Root canal :(:eek: that sux. Ouch
 
@gizmo I noticed some cattle in the background of the photo there. What cattle do you have? breed? Sorry a bit off topic so i'll bring it back....I would say a dart board. Also Pinterest is a great source for inspiration.

All the best
Jono
 
There's a mix of baldy and angus with a few others thrown in. Most of the cattle belong to the game warden who leases the ranch for grazing. I have my cows on a different part of the ranch. They are red baldy and I have a corrientes bull on them at the moment because they are first calf hefers.
 
image.jpg
Logs showed up and we started stacking!
image.jpg
 
It's actually deceiving. Theres a large valley just to the right of the picture with about 130 ft elevation change. While the panhandle is flat where we're at has a lot of elevation change.
 
What is the recessed area in the concrete floor for? At first I thought "restroom", but it looks like you might have a large door there?
 
A 2500 gal water storage tank with filtration equipment.
 
@gizmo I noticed some cattle in the background of the photo there. What cattle do you have? breed? Sorry a bit off topic so i'll bring it back....I would say a dart board. Also Pinterest is a great source for inspiration.

All the best
Jono
Here you go buddy. The newest member of the Rockin G Team
image.jpg
 
Hey Gizmo
Does he have a export # LOL.....
 
Lol None needed sir, that is a fine specimen of Texas slow elk
 
God bless Texas !!!!!!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,080
Members
169,490
Latest member
mibeerpamab1972
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top