I am sick

@John Camp , just concentrate on getting well, there are many gobblers out there (y)

Hey John your story reminded me of a cancelled trip with my grandfather when I was about your son's age. Here's something to look forward to and make you both feel better. Once you are recovered, why don't you bring him to Colorado this October or next October for a pronghorn hunt! Just cover his license costs and your lodging/meals like the rest of our hunters do. I will cover the rest. A guide will pick you up each morning and drop you back in town. The 3-day hunt is on an 18,000 acre ranch and I think we can spare an extra pronghorn buck for your son. Send me a PM if interested. Let's think positive!

Hey John your story reminded me of a cancelled trip with my grandfather when I was about your son's age. Here's something to look forward to and make you both feel better. Once you are recovered, why don't you bring him to Colorado this October or next October for a pronghorn hunt! Just cover his license costs and your lodging/meals like the rest of our hunters do. I will cover the rest. A guide will pick you up each morning and drop you back in town. The 3-day hunt is on an 18,000 acre ranch and I think we can spare an extra pronghorn buck for your son. Send me a PM if interested. Let's think positive!

This is fantastic. Very well done.

I was sick last week with all the symptoms. It was bad enough that they tested me. I was negative.

There are a lot of nasty respiratory bugs going around. Get rest. Drink plenty of fluids.

For all of those who may have had the flu, or haven't yet,,, PSA to follow. GET FLU SHOTS!(y):whistle: Yes I know they don't cover every possible strain, but the usually do a pretty good job of keeping the known ones at bay. I have gotten a flu shot every year since 1998, the last time I had the flu. I was so sick I was afraid I would live. Never again will I not get a shot. Get the shot!

WOW. I apologize for not responding. Our internet has been mostly out -END OF DAYS. I just told my son and his eyes popped out of his head. This is very generous. Thank you.

Prayers for a full recovery! Get tested! Some of the treatment protocols, namely azithromycin (z pack) with chloroquine (anti malarial) have shown promise for resolution.
Since reading your post I have looked into chloroquine but it is not readily available here and now that word is out likely will not be for some time. Doctor said I may have common flu or a cold but do not assume because the fever is mild I do not have corona. Apparently you can vacillate between a low grade fever and no fever for several days and then WHAM. I was renovating an apartment built 30 years ago for my grandmother. I had to stop because no matter the next task it involves sanding or painting and I do not want any foreign anything ion my lungs right now. I do not feel good but have certainly worked hundreds and maybe thousands of days feeling worse, but I am going to stay in my bed.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry you had to cancel your trip.

For all of those who may have had the flu, or haven't yet,,, PSA to follow. GET FLU SHOTS!(y):whistle: Yes I know they don't cover every possible strain, but the usually do a pretty good job of keeping the known ones at bay. I have gotten a flu shot every year since 1998, the last time I had the flu. I was so sick I was afraid I would live. Never again will I not get a shot. Get the shot!
Maybe get it soon before all healthcare workers and supplies are otherwise disposed. I was on my back for 11 days in late December. It was the worst flu I have ever had. My son got and was tested. He had a strain of type A and B at the same time so maybe I had both. I was thinking today we are fortunate this did not get here 3 months ago when the flu season was at its peak. Imagine having corona with another flu.

I had type B Flu in December; dry cough, sore throat, chest ached, and sniffles. Swabbed at urgent care for flu and strep. By the way, you have not lived until you have been swabbed for flu. The cute little PA told me she would have to swab my nostrils to test for flu. I said "sure." She then asked "are you ready," which in my experience is never a good thing to hear from a professional in either medicine or dentistry. Sure enough, she then rammed a six-inch swab eight inches up each nostril. Still makes me wince to think about it. Anyway, I tested positive for Type B (no, I had not yet had my vaccination, and my spouse who had, never caught the bug from me). I was prescribed Tamaflu which kept me from getting any sicker, and was essentially well in a week. Like most people I had a lingering dry cough for a month afterwards.
Tamaflu has really helped me recover a few times. I have not heard anything about whether it will help with this virus.

Chloroquine drugs are prescription meds and not OTC I believe. Gotta see a doc to get it and its going to be hard to get now I would think.

I was sick last week with all the symptoms. It was bad enough that they tested me. I was negative.

There are a lot of nasty respiratory bugs going around. Get rest. Drink plenty of fluids.
You were tested for COVID-19? I am reading that from several others. I guess test kits are more available in other areas. In Georgia the doctor will not approve testing unless you fit a certain profile or have extreme symptoms. I have not traveled and have not been in close proximity to anyone know to be infected so unless it gets a lot worse I will not be tested.

Chloroquine drugs are prescription meds and not OTC I believe. Gotta see a doc to get it and its going to be hard to get now I would think.
Yes. I spoke with the doctor about it. He did not sound enthusiastic. He said they might help but evidence is anecdotal. He also said that we do not have much in this area because malaria is not a threat here so now getting it would prove challenging.

Since reading your post I have looked into chloroquine but it is not readily available here and now that word is out likely will not be for some time. Doctor said I may have common flu or a cold but do not assume because the fever is mild I do not have corona. Apparently you can vacillate between a low grade fever and no fever for several days and then WHAM. I was renovating an apartment built 30 years ago for my grandmother. I had to stop because no matter the next task it involves sanding or painting and I do not want any foreign anything ion my lungs right now. I do not feel good but have certainly worked hundreds and maybe thousands of days feeling worse, but I am going to stay in my bed.

probably best to lay low for awhile! Stay safe and get healthy!!

Yes. I spoke with the doctor about it. He did not sound enthusiastic. He said they might help but evidence is anecdotal. He also said that we do not have much in this area because malaria is not a threat here so now getting it would prove challenging.

It seems pretty clear from the updates I am getting diarrhea is also a very early symptom, so don't over it look it. It also appears to be associated with worse outcomes when it is present.

Keep checking back in with us.

It seems pretty clear from the updates I am getting diarrhea is also a very early symptom, so don't over it look it. It also appears to be associated with worse outcomes when it is present.

Keep checking back in with us.
I will check in as the internet allows. I had some odd indigestion for a couple of days before the fever. It was almost like I had knots in my stomach. I have not experienced dysentery. Not surprised outcomes are worse because everything is worse with diarrhea.

You were tested for COVID-19? I am reading that from several others. I guess test kits are more available in other areas. In Georgia the doctor will not approve testing unless you fit a certain profile or have extreme symptoms. I have not traveled and have not been in close proximity to anyone know to be infected so unless it gets a lot worse I will not be tested.
Take a deep breath. They don’t want to waste a test or time on you, because the odds of you actually having COVID-19 is about the same as winning the lottery. Literally. Look at the number of cases in your state vice actual infections. Take an aspirin, preferably with an 18 year old scotch and watch movie. In fact, as I type this, the SEC network is carrying LSU crushing Georgia in the SEC championship. What a glorious day to relive!! (y);)

Take a deep breath. They don’t want to waste a test or time on you, because the odds of you actually having COVID-19 is about the same as winning the lottery. Literally. Look at the number of cases in your state vice actual infections. Take an aspirin, preferably with an 18 year old scotch and watch movie. In fact, as I type this, the SEC network is carrying LSU crushing Georgia in the SEC championship. What a glorious day to relive!! (y);)
Not going to watch that. I was pretty sure that would was going to happen then and watch it. I know what happened now and will choose to focus on more positive news, like the contagion.

Not going to watch that. I was pretty sure that would was going to happen then and watch it. I know what happened now and will choose to focus on more positive news, like the contagion.
:A Big Hello::A Tease::A Try::D Beer Bottle::D Cheers::E Rofl: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Truly a great day ...........

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you