John Camp

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Mexico, Georgia, California, Missouri, Tennessee, Iowa, Idaho
My son and I just finished packing for three days at Cohutta Wilderness hunting turkey and fishing for trout. That seemed to me to be the best way to social distance. I walked into the basement to get a cooler and coughed twice. Checked my temp and it was 100.5. Now I am having deep chest pains. Sorry to be bitching. I am disappointed about not going to the mountains with my son for the opening of turkey season but I am not so petty to think that is important in the grand scheme of things. This could be nothing, but I am pretty sure it is coronavirus because I am 55 and have only had a lower respiratory infection one time. I have been at the house for 11 days. I left for the first time today to make a run to the landfill. I figured I was good to go. I guess all those geniuses hanging out at the club can thank me for not giving this to half the county.

Sorry to hear that. You’re pretty young, if a non smoker you should be ok. Here’s to a speedy recovery, and well done about protecting others......FWB

Hope you kick the sh't out of it and get back to full speed, and mo one else in the family gets it.
Although opening days are special to be in the woods. Anytime during the hunting season is also special when you can share them with your "kids",...and/or good friends.

........... I guess all those geniuses hanging out at the club can thank me for not giving this to half the county.

If they won't, I certainly will. Thanks for not spreading the joy. (Don't care which joy it is)
Get better soon.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I am not worried about it. I am just frustrated because my son is finishing high school. We have turkey hunted 4 years now but we started at the same time and the learning curve is steep. He missed an opportunity at a real monster gobbler when he got excited and forgot to take the safety off. He was 5 ft tall then and the turkey was taller with a beard dragging the ground. The bird stepped out on the trail 15 feet from my son and looking the other way. I had one one the ground but he got up and flew away. We were sure this time we had them. I have scouted and know the roost. Of course any time this season will great if there is a season. We might get shut down any day. It is a silly fear but my concern is I will die and my son will miss that experience with me. Crazy. In the middle of all this I get sick and my fear is I will die and my son will not get to share his first gobbler with me. Sorry to be so morbid.

Hang in there, you can beat it!

Rest, get better. Plan another hunt with your son. You will both appreciate it more because you survived.
You know that is a good point. Thanks

Get better soon, you will make that hunt with your son.(y)

Sorry to hear this. I wish you fast recovery!

John Camp,

What's morbid is MSM always stating the percentage and numbers of deaths, when they should be stating the number of cases and number of people recovering and recovered from this virus.

Last edited:
Prayers for a full recovery! Get tested! Some of the treatment protocols, namely azithromycin (z pack) with chloroquine (anti malarial) have shown promise for resolution.

John Camp,

What's morbid is MSM always stating the percentage and numbers of deaths, when they should be stating the number of cases and number of people recovering and recovered from this virus.
And the positive tests that had minimal to no symptoms!!
Even in China they are still under 100k confirmed cases...with no new cases in the past 48 hours (I think).

Get 30 pills. Hydrocholoroqine
1 tablet by am and pm(15 days)
If you get it also get a
z pack antibiotic.
60 mg of zinc am and pm
Only thing potentially working on Corona. So far works pretty good.

Give it hell and get well, JC. And have others keep an eye on your son for symptoms and have him hang up his boots for a while if he has been with you.

Get to feeling better. You'll be shooting gobblers soon!

John, unless you have been in close proximity with someone with this virus, the odds are overwhelming you do not have it. You have a chest cold or the flu (the later is in full swing across the country and typically exhibits the low grade fever that you do.). If it is really playing with your mind, go to the ER and get tested. In fact, go to the ER or urgent care anyway, because you do not want to get pneumonia. For this virus, you will have results in 72 hours.

I get sick and my fear is I will die and my son will not get to share his first gobbler with me. Sorry to be so morbid.
Be strong for your son’s sake. I agree with Redleg, but I would try to see my Dr rather than go to the ER. ERs seem to be full of scary illnesses IMO.
Flus are rampant here as well. Be safe and take care of yourself so you have many more opportunities with your son!

I got sick in January actually thought I pulled a muscle at the gym. It has developed into a mild dry cough which I still have. Had same stuff last year but worse they gave me steroids. Went away in the spring.Doctor said a lot of this has been going around. I blame my wife's cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.