I’ve Got An Idea!

.375 for practice?

• Yes

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
I do not know how many of you folks are DSC members but their monthly Camp Talk magazine always has big bore rifles for sale in the classifieds. There is always something interesting on offer. Usually, it seems, someone plans out a DG safari and either it never happened or it was a one time thing. They have bought nice DG rifles, scopes, and ammo and now want to sell it all. It can be a remarkable offering!
Philip

Is factory ammo more readily available for one over the other?
Randy F, 458 Lott costs easily twice what the 375 H&H and 375 Ruger cost. It also costs a bit more to reload both hunting and practice loads. My research shows more variety of factory loading for the 375 H&H as well.
Best of luck in your decision!

Randy F, 458 Lott costs easily twice what the 375 H&H and 375 Ruger cost. It also costs a bit more to reload both hunting and practice loads. My research shows more variety of factory loading for the 375 H&H as well.
Best of luck in your decision!
Thank you. I'm not in a huge hurry so I'm going to start a stalk on a .375 of some sort.

I shoot my .458 Lott better than I shoot my .375 of late. Reload everything. Factory ammo is for checking zero before hunting. Other than that skip that bill.

I agree about cheap rifles. Skip that process. Buy something that will be a meaningful investment in your happiness.

I also like the idea. In my case I went from 300 Win Mag to 416. Being of stout stature the 416 real didn’t bother me that much and no flinch. Then I got a 458 Lott....now that thing just plain smacked my shoulder. Five shots and I put it down for the day. Then. Bought a 375 H&H and found that compared to the 416 and the Lott it was nothing.....more like the 300 Win Mag. So what did I do??? Stepped up to a 470 NE and find it very tolerable. Sooooo to your point when I shoot the 375 I actually find it mild.
hunting deer this year with a Marlin 45-70 Gov.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross