Hunting prices 2018 v. 2019

You just never know so you gotta go....

I was sitting with my cousin next to the Zambezi River and we were talking about that trip and future ones. He said something like this, "I just know that 20 years from now when I look back I won't regret going on one of these trips, but if I don't go, I will look back and regret it."

His point was that he wasn't going to look back and wish he hadn't spent the money, but that he sure as hell would regret not having the experience.
You dont want to be on your death bed saying " could've, should've, would've"

My first trip was in 2012 and am making my third trip this year. I think the golden age of modern African hunting my be now. It may get a little cheaper but its good value now.
Ironic, I thought the same in '86 but I continue to have great experiences. Things have changed but great hunting still to be had in many places.

Agree with all the advice here. I know so many who waited, even though they could have gone to Africa or Alaska or wherever. But they waited too long to do that dream which was so special to them, so now never will.

Yeah, my dad used to constantly tell me don't be a "wish I had". Relating to that on a personal note, my next door neighbor, a young man in his 30s married with kids, came over to me one day and asked me about moving to Alaska. He said he'd never done anything out of the ordinary with his life, always played it safe. He was an avid outdoorsman, hunted with bow and rifle, went tent camping, hiked the Appalachian trail, canoed, and fished but the Alaska gig was a giant leap. His kids were young, his wife had relatives in the state and they were all in good health. I told him if he didn't go, at some point in his life he'd have that monkey on his back until he was in the grave. Long story short, he sold his house, bought a trailer, packed it up with all their belongings and headed west from east coast suburbia, took the inside passage ferry and settled on Ketchikan Island. Been three years now. Saw him last summer when he visited. He hunts, fishes and bought a boat they could all sleep on and are having a blast with their new life. He wasn't a "wish I had". (y)

You dont want to be on your death bed saying " could've, should've, would've"

"The road of life is littered with flattened squirrels that couldn't make a decision". :D

You never know what's going to happen. Not just prices, or your health. Wars and revolutions break out, countries close to hunting, home countries suddenly ban importation. Go whenever you can while you still can.

Yeah I pretty much decided to just do it, somewhat of a leap of faith but I'm sure it will all work out, there's always more money to be made and like you guys said better to go when you have the opportunity than never go and regret it.

Reactions: cls
Sitting here reading the news and thinking how about people that had a long planned trip to Venezuela to see Angel Falls? Wonder if they are still willing to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.