Hunting Muntjac in England! Castle Muntjac stalking!

Shotgunspud

AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.wings-hunting.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wings hunting & shooting
Below are some photos of my new stalking ground in Leicestershire England with Muntjac in fantastic numbers!
We can arrange for the hunters to stay in the Castle on the grounds which offers some breath taking views!!!

Why not come and try hunting Muntjac among some fantastic history and maybe writing so for your self.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Alex

Attachments

• DSCF6426.jpg
    DSCF6426.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF6421.jpg
    DSCF6421.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF6423.jpg
    DSCF6423.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF6387.jpg
    DSCF6387.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 419722_249150745167310_213072838775101_571103_1122985943_n.jpg
    419722_249150745167310_213072838775101_571103_1122985943_n.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 420207_249686988447019_213072838775101_572382_665896176_n.jpg
    420207_249686988447019_213072838775101_572382_665896176_n.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 229
  • 429989_250519805030404_213072838775101_573614_552016999_n.jpg
    429989_250519805030404_213072838775101_573614_552016999_n.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:
Now that looks like another hunt I could talk my wife into! Might need couple years but it's on my wish list. Keep the thread updated at least seasonally.

Web site or where to book? Looks really nice! I would imagine that the largest caliber for this would be .243 Winchester? Anymore information would be truly worthwhile, thank you.

More info and specifics would be great. Seems like it could be a very unique all around trip.

Looks to be about in the center of England, 2 hours drive North of London. Opportunity for side trips must be almost endless.

I've only been to England once... It was darned expensive when converted to UD$. But other than that and a severe language barrier I experienced with an old drunken Englishman in a pub late one night.. It was a wonderful trip. I suppose I wouldn't have had the language issue had I stayed out of the pub, or at least left earlier;)

Hello all I am so sorry I haven't got back in contact with any of you, I have only just managed to get back on the web site.

The castle was very nice but the hunting did not match up to the standard I wanted for my clients, I have let the hunting rights go now, I did not want disappointed clients, we still have many old English homes we offer to hunters along with Castles on some of our hunts. Please if any of you wish to know more about hunts I offer in the UK please contact me on email wings1981@live.com or Find me on Facebook Alex Hinkins or of course on this great site happy to be back on.

Sorry once again guys

Post some prices on here to make it simple for us simple people from the colonies.

For trophy muntjac hunts we offer you one of the finest estates in the UK we will stay in the town of Woburn and hunt the near by woodlands. If any of you look up the history of the little town and what it has done for our deer numbers in the UK you will see way so many hunters return each season, it is stacked with history and fantastic shopping for the traveling partner as we undertake the hunt, the locals are very friendly and will help in anyway they can.

We can also offer the Chinese water deer in the same hunting area so you can hunt both in the same trip if you book between November and March

Prices for this are as follows:

Stalking fees or day fees £200 a day per hunter
Muntjac buck £750
Chinese water deer £950
Hotel depending on standard from £60 - £130 a night B&B
Airport pick up and drop off £200 ( 2 hour drive from airport to hunting ground)

If you would like to know anymore on the hunts please just ask.

Regards

Alex

Any particular difficulties for a yank to rent a car at the airport and just drive out and be picked up at a hotel for the hunt? Is a drivers license from the States ok to drive there?

Hi Bob,

Many of my clients rent cars from the air port so no I don't think so? I will look into this for you if you are interested in coming over .

Interested eventually, I think my wife would like to come back to England sometime but we have a couple more Africa and a S. America trip to do first.

Be sure to post at least occasionally to keep us up to date with what you have going on!

What is the exchange rate now from US dollars to English pounds?

Sounds like a great hunt. My number one animal that I want from Europe is a Roe Deer, but I'm thinking I need to go farther East for the really good ones. How are the tusks on your muntjac? Do you rent or loan rifles so I wouldn't have to deal with customs? How many days would you recommend for mutjac and water deer?

Eddie

Any particular difficulties for a yank to rent a car at the airport and just drive out and be picked up at a hotel for the hunt? Is a drivers license from the States ok to drive there?

Bob,

We rented a car at Heathrow this summer and spent 8-10 days (can't remember offhand. old age???) touring the UK. The Hertz bill was apx. 450 pounds for a 5 door Vauxhall. If you have a navigator with a gps it comes in handy. Especially in knowing which exit to take off a round a bout.;) Otherwise driving is no problem.....especially if your dyslexic like me.:D

Tons of stuff to see and a lot of history if you like that stuff. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

All the best.

Thanks Wheels! We were in England several years ago on a sponsored trip..... We got to touch on a lot of the Historic stuff and had a great time but I'm sure Ann would love to go back at our own pace. She was very disappointed that Tower of London was closing before we got to tour the torture chamber :eek:

An odd thing happened on the north wall at the Tower of London this year.......we watched the Tour de France!?!?

We got in position about an hour early and stood through a light drizzle. In 30-45 seconds it was over. My wife asked....is that all?:confused: My intention was to not let her spend too much time with the Crown Jewels and start wishing.:whistle: She thought the torture devises should be used on me for making her stand in the drizzle.:D

All the best.

Sounds like a great hunt. My number one animal that I want from Europe is a Roe Deer, but I'm thinking I need to go farther East for the really good ones. How are the tusks on your muntjac? Do you rent or loan rifles so I wouldn't have to deal with customs? How many days would you recommend for mutjac and water deer?

Eddie
Hi Eddie,

I am lucky to have very good Muntjac and Roe bucks on my grounds, some of our a Roe bucks this season made 800 grains. The tusk on the Muntjac are sharp but nothing like our Chinese water deer. Yes we loan Rifles to hunter we even have a muzzleloader for hunters to hunt with from CVA. Days needed for the two little deer would be around 3 full hunting days. roe bucks I would say the same.

I don't think anyone will understand what a roe buck that made 800 grains is.
800 grammes would be colossal .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross