Hunting Mongolia Ibex, Argali, or Marco Polo

Discussion in 'Hunting Asia & Middle East' started by 85Tecate, Apr 11, 2015.

1. 85Tecate

85Tecate AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, KC SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA (Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, Virginia) , South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, Russia
    Via an American friend of mine (who just conveniently married a Mongolian woman) I am working on a Mongolia trip for next late summer/fall. I think I want to key in on an Ibex, but am wondering what other species would overlap in habitat and hunting season? Anyone know? I obviously need to do a lot more research and planning over the next few months, but would appreciate any insight on what species I can expect to encounter (and take) if I plan an Ibex focused hunt.

2. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Depends where you are at and what your budget. Persian Gazelle, Maral stag, and of course the holy grail - the Altai, Hangai and Gobi Argali. Argali will run you 45k-65k, Sorry too far north for Marco Polo but Altai Argali are the biggest species in the world anyway which should make it a lot easier to swallow. :)

You definitely need to be looking at non-resident requirements before you get too excited, you likely need to spend full price on an outfitter no matter who your friend married.

ROCKET likes this.