Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Hey all,

Recently got my Portuguese citizenship and I was wondering how the hunting regs in EU work? If anyone is willing to give some information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Each country is different mate. Can’t help you with Portugal I’m afraid.

Not quite what you are looking for but Sercout Wild Harvest are an outfitter there.

Not quite what you are looking for but Sercout Wild Harvest are an outfitter there.

Cheers. I wanted to know what the general regs are in terms of firearm ownership, what kind of prices I can expect and so on...

I can give you the name of a Portuguese outfitter if you want. He can give you the rules for Portugal. Just PM me if interested.

Steve Robinson (@shakari) was an Outfitter in RSA and Mozambique. He was on AH at one point. He moved from RSA to Portugal 5-10 years ago. He can probably give you the low down. You can contact him through the PM system.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news is that there is quite a lot to hunt Red deer, Fallow deer, Roe deer, Mouflon, Wild boar.

All kinds of birds Pheasant, Quail, Does, Ducks, Red partridge....

Bad news, it´s Europe, so firearms ownership is very regulated, you will need a firearms license, which you have to renew every five years, I don´t know the specifics, but I suppose the Portuguese Consulate can give you a copy of the the Firearms Law.

You will also need a hunting license, and as to pricing, I have heard (never hunted there) it is very much like Spain. Trophy hunting is very expensive, but hunting a boar with your local club is quite cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg