HUNTING Buffalo

Hunting Buffalo Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to hunting shot placement.

Hunting Buffalo
buffalo_shot_placement.jpg


Hunting Buffalo
buffalo_perfect_shot.jpg
Good morming. Now I know why the buffalo fell on the spot. Did not die, but, fell. I have a video.
 

Attachments

  • Shoot Placement.jpg
    Shoot Placement.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 76
I don't quite understand what you mean. If you shoot at this point and hit the spine, above all the spine cord, the buffalo is dead. Unfortunately, it is easy to miss the spine cord and then you can have a problem.
 
I don't quite understand what you mean. If you shoot at this point and hit the spine, above all the spine cord, the buffalo is dead. Unfortunately, it is easy to miss the spine cord and then you can have a problem.
I have a video that I don't know how to upload, but I fired a shot and it hit him in the back of his neck. It didn't touch his spine, but he fell on the spot. He's still alive. It must have been the hydraulic shock that put him to sleep, maybe.
 
I have a video that I don't know how to upload, but I fired a shot and it hit him in the back of his neck. It didn't touch his spine, but he fell on the spot. He's still alive. It must have been the hydraulic shock that put him to sleep, maybe.

Second Buffalo same
 
I can remember two cases of buffalo lying down that I killed with a neck shot, but they died immediately. In addition a short story; I shot one of them with the somewhat marginal cartridge 10,75x68 and the classic thin wallet 22,5g FMJ bullet from RWS. The bullet completely disintegrated at the spine, but the bone was so splintered that bone fragments certainly acted as secondary projectiles, perhaps shredding the spine cord. I don't like shots like that, something can go wrong quickly.
 
I can remember two cases of buffalo lying down that I killed with a neck shot, but they died immediately. In addition a short story; I shot one of them with the somewhat marginal cartridge 10,75x68 and the classic thin wallet 22,5g FMJ bullet from RWS. The bullet completely disintegrated at the spine, but the bone was so splintered that bone fragments certainly acted as secondary projectiles, perhaps shredding the spine cord. I don't like shots like that, something can go wrong quickly.
You're right. They're tricky shots, like trying to get a headshot at that distance. In my case, with both buffalo, both hit the target spot on the figure, like the lower part of the neck, almost the throat. The second one stopped, and I hit it in the heart. With the first, I had to finish it off on the ground. But I hadn't cut its marrow. Strange.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,238
Members
169,298
Latest member
MiloSchube
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top