Hunting alone

deer butcher.jpg


Quartered on the spot by skinning one side and using the inside skin as a table cloth for your work.

My black-tail this year... fell 2.5 miles from the truck.

I can see your carabiner method may help me in some situations in the future.
 
View attachment 259282

Quartered on the spot by skinning one side and using the inside skin as a table cloth for your work.

My black-tail this year... fell 2.5 miles from the truck.

I can see your carabiner method may help me in some situations in the future.
That's one heck of a Columbian blacktail !!!! Awesome!
 
I usually skin and bone mine out on the ground these days. The romance of hanging died off a long time ago.

I do as well. I can bone a deer in half an hour. I don’t mess with the guts until everything but the tenderloin is off the carcass. Makes for a quick easy job. We keep a dedicated fridge for aging the meat before final butchering.
 
I do as well. I can bone a deer in half an hour. I don’t mess with the guts until everything but the tenderloin is off the carcass. Makes for a quick easy job. We keep a dedicated fridge for aging the meat before final butchering.
I did this for the first time myself this fall. But saw @ROCKET do it on Red Stags in Argentina.

Except didn't mess with guts at all. Just made a careful cut below the short ribs and reached in for those inner fillets. I think Rocket reached in and cut a bit with a knife on that larger and older stag, but I did it on a young doe and just ran my fingers around to get them loose.

Rocket is fast, but even on my first try it was very quick and clean.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
I did this for the first time myself this fall. But saw @ROCKET do it on Red Stags in Argentina.

Except didn't mess with guts at all. Just made a careful cut below the short ribs and reached in for those inner fillets. I think Rocket reached in and cut a bit with a knife on that larger and older stag, but I did it on a young doe and just ran my fingers around to get them loose.

Rocket is fast, but even on my first try it was very quick and clean.

That’s a great idea. I’ll try that on the next one.
 
I did this for the first time myself this fall. But saw @ROCKET do it on Red Stags in Argentina.

Except didn't mess with guts at all. Just made a careful cut below the short ribs and reached in for those inner fillets. I think Rocket reached in and cut a bit with a knife on that larger and older stag, but I did it on a young doe and just ran my fingers around to get them loose.

Rocket is fast, but even on my first try it was very quick and clean.

You’re right! My wife shot a nice buck tonight. After I had I fully boned out I carefully made a slit at the short ribs and removed the tenderloins without gutting the carcass, awesome! Thanks for the tip!
 
Awesome! Glad I could help;) And congratulations to your wife
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,162
Members
169,501
Latest member
AnjaAguiar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top