Hunting all six continents. Which countries?

I live in the US, and eventually will connect on an animal here. I've done South Africa for Africa and Romania for Europe. I think I'll be going to Kyrgyzstan in 2023 to chase an Ibex. Australia and South America are the tough ones for me, as I added a qualifier to my 6-continent quest that I'd like to hunt something (relatively) native on each of the 6 continents. Leaning toward Argentina, but not sure what to hunt. I've heard good things about Water Buffalo hunts in Australia.
 
Is Water Buffalo a hunt that you would recommend?

My water buffalo hunt in Argentina was a good hunt, but not overly challenging.
I'm hoping for a much greater experience in Australia due to the wild nature of the country. I am also hunting banteng and from the guys I know that have hunted both, they all say banteng is where it's at.
Hopefully I can answer from experience in late July.
 
I live in the US, and eventually will connect on an animal here. I've done South Africa for Africa and Romania for Europe. I think I'll be going to Kyrgyzstan in 2023 to chase an Ibex. Australia and South America are the tough ones for me, as I added a qualifier to my 6-continent quest that I'd like to hunt something (relatively) native on each of the 6 continents. Leaning toward Argentina, but not sure what to hunt. I've heard good things about Water Buffalo hunts in Australia.

I would like to hunt Black Buck and Boars in Argentina. But they are introduced. I would like to hunt Australia, but it seems to be rather expensive from what I can tell. Maybe I am wrong. Your hunt in 2023 sounds fun.
 
My water buffalo hunt in Argentina was a good hunt, but not overly challenging.
I'm hoping for a much greater experience in Australia due to the wild nature of the country. I am also hunting banteng and from the guys I know that have hunted both, they all say banteng is where it's at.
Hopefully I can answer from experience in late July.

That sounds like a fun hunt!
 
You hit the mark on Romania, I really want to hunt here. I stupidly well not stupidly spent several weeks traveling in Romania before they joined the EU and kick myself for not booking a hunt. Everyhere I hicked way off grid was super wild and I saw a lot of tracks and sign. My other bucket list place would be Uganda on countries that are open to hunt.

@Hookboy88. I would highly recommend a water buffalo hunt in Northern Australia.
I've heard great things about Uganda, but don't throw away Mozambique. Its a true wilderness area with amazing biodiversity and great trophies if you get to the right area with some honest and real hunting. Just my 5 cents...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,026
Members
168,809
Latest member
PeryPari
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top