Howdy from SC

Welcome to AH
 
Born and raised here. From the mountains to the sea, SC is a jewel. Loved Louisiana but it is so good to be back home.
 
Greetings fisherofmen,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You might get over to Africa yet.
Boast not of tomorrow, for no man noeth what a day may bring forth.
Since childhood, I have been fascinated with fish and wildlife, to include the bagging and eating of same.

In my early teens, I began a life long fascination with vintage firearms, wooden fly rods and vintage archery tackle.
Clear up through my 40’s, not once did I figure on actually being able to hunt (and fish) in Africa, not in my wildest dreams.
Then, as I hit my early 50’s and had seen more than one or two co-workers killed in the line of duty, I decided life is too short to spend it just tramping the local woods and worse yet, in front of a television.

So, I took out a credit union loan and booked my first trip to Africa.
It was so life changing for me that, I sold off almost all of my toys, boat, gun collection, and almost everything I had surrounded myself with that wasn’t absolutely essential, to pay off that loan and start my “return to Africa” savings account.

I hope something like that works out for you as well.
If not, I’m glad you joined us here anyway.
And, I shall look forward to your hunting and fishing posts, wherever you go for that, and as you have time to submit them.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5627.png
    IMG_5627.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5551.png
    IMG_5551.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5553.png
    IMG_5553.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5548.png
    IMG_5548.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5539.png
    IMG_5539.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 121
Greetings fisherofmen,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You might get over to Africa yet.
Boast not of tomorrow, for no man noeth what a day may bring forth.
Since childhood, I have been fascinated with fish and wildlife, to include the bagging and eating of same.

In my early teens, I began a life long fascination with vintage firearms, wooden fly rods and vintage archery tackle.
Clear up through my 40’s, not once did I figure on actually being able to hunt (and fish) in Africa, not in my wildest dreams.
Then, as I hit my early 50’s and had seen more than one or two co-workers killed in the line of duty, I decided life is too short to spend it just tramping the local woods and worse yet, in front of a television.

So, I took out a credit union loan and booked my first trip to Africa.
It was so life changing for me that, I sold off almost all of my toys, boat, gun collection, and almost everything I had surrounded myself with that wasn’t absolutely essential, to pay off that loan and start my “return to Africa” savings account.

I hope something like that works out for you as well.
If not, I’m glad you joined us here anyway.
And, I shall look forward to your hunting and fishing posts, wherever you go for that, and as you have time to submit them.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Thanks. Had a good friend go and he absolutely loved it. Really would love a plains game/buffalo hunt.
Got a sweet little 9.3x57 Husky. would love to take it.
 
A fellow South Carolinian here. I thought so too not long ago yet there's a zebra skin tapestry hanging behind me as I write this...Welcome
 
Last edited:
Started married life as a Clemson Extension agent in Marion.
Tiger or gamecock?
I am from SC. Been to Africa twice and never thought I would or could.
 
I'm afraid my blood runneth orange, but I cheer for the Gamecocks all but one game every year.
When I lived in Greenville I trout fished with a guy from the Clemson fisheries department who had been one of my fathers students at Auburn. We would fish the Chatooga.
 
I'm afraid my blood runneth orange, but I cheer for the Gamecocks all but one game every year.

I have degrees from both Clemson and South Carolina. I don’t know for whom I should cheer.
 
When I lived in Greenville I trout fished with a guy from the Clemson fisheries department who had been one of my fathers students at Auburn. We would fish the Chatooga.
Didn't get to do that very much. Really enjoyed bank fishing Hartwell though.
 
I have degrees from both Clemson and South Carolina. I don’t know for whom I should cheer.

Gamecock x2 for me.

I'm amazed how many South Carolinians are on AH. Maybe it's not that surprising. There's so much opportunity in SC, some of the best and most experienced hunters I know are from the Palmetto State.

@fisherofmen
 
Welcome neighbor. I live in Simpsonville.
 
Welcome Phil! Don't cut yourself short regarding African hunts. There are many "first time hunter to Africa" packages that equal your Nigali price tag. Air fare can be minimized by going coach. Check it out! Best hunting
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,041
Members
169,482
Latest member
OlaCounts
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top