Howdy from IL

MeatballMedic

AH member
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
99
Location
Illinois
Hello,

My name is Jake, glad to have the opportunity to join the boards! Been a long time haunt and soaked up lots of good information that’s been helpful over the years. Would like to step out of the shadows and contribute when possible and appropriate.

Like many out there-I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and all around simple living. I’m an owner and fan of Mauser rifles, Ruger rifles, and Ruger revolvers. That’s not to say I don’t have an appreciation for all types of firearms.

So here is to fair weather and following winds!

V/r
Jake
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the site Jake!
 
Welcome Jake! Glad to have you here with the rest of us!
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Hello,

My name is Jake, glad to have the opportunity to join the boards! Been a long time haunt and soaked up lots of good information that’s been helpful over the years. Would like to step out of the shadows and contribute when possible and appropriate.

Like many out there-I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and all around simple living. I’m an owner and fan of Mauser rifles, Ruger rifles, and Ruger revolvers. That’s not to say I don’t have an appreciation for all types of firearms.

So here is to fair weather and following winds!

V/r
Jake
welcome welcome welcome

i dont appreciate the following winds ...being a hunter
 
Welcome to AH Jake!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hello,

My name is Jake, glad to have the opportunity to join the boards! Been a long time haunt and soaked up lots of good information that’s been helpful over the years. Would like to step out of the shadows and contribute when possible and appropriate.

Like many out there-I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and all around simple living. I’m an owner and fan of Mauser rifles, Ruger rifles, and Ruger revolvers. That’s not to say I don’t have an appreciation for all types of firearms.

So here is to fair weather and following winds!

V/r
Jake
Welcome to AH
 
Thank you for the warm welcome! Again, I am thankful to be here and hopefully pick some brains along the way.
 
Welcome to AH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,063
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top