How many .375 H&H's and/or .416's do you own and shoot?

Yep...there is always a next one. And then there are those you regret not getting. I'm still kicking my hind end for not buying a Ruger #1 in 458WM at a gun show before my 3rd safari. I thought the guy would be wanting going rate...instead he only wanted $400.00 for it. The only thing I saw wrong with it a a deep gouge, nick in the barrel. Based on location and minimal depth it really didn't present any safety problems.
@Ridge Runner
You should be taken out and slapped silly then barred from the site for a month. At $400 the action alone is worth double that.
You need to say ten hail Mary's and our fathers to repent for your sin.
Bob

Bob
You’re a man after my own heart . WTF is it with the 6.5 Creedmore ? And I can’t stand 243 either .
@PCC600
I think the 5.5 need more is what the yuppie man bun population use. From what I've heard it seems quite popular. Just doesn't float my boat .
Has to be a fast 25 or a 35 Whelen to get me excited. The forties are fine but U don't need anything that big. If'n the Whelen won't drop it it's to big to to cut up for my frying pan.
Bov

.375 H&H Interarms Whitworth Express for Africa.
.375 H&H AHR CZ 550 with #2 upgrade for Alaska.
.416 Rigby - 0
.458 Lott AHR CZ 550 with #2 upgrade

Sold today one of several fine firearms, an original (not a modern reproduction) one of 189 .416 Rigby, More on the story in the next couple of days, it hurt.

Sold today one of several fine firearms, an original (not a modern reproduction) one of 189 .416 Rigby, More on the story in the next couple of days, it hurt.

My condolences for having to go through that.

I have my original Ruger in .375 Ruger (customized) and then I bought a custom R8 barrel in .375 Ruger. I've had a couple of .416's over the years but now rely on my double rifle for anything larger than .375. My Kreighoff has both .470 and .450/400 barrels. I am not really shopping for any more rifles in this category. However a custom English double would be nice.

@Ridge Runner
I love my little lowall K Hornet. The 32-20 is very underrated. Loaded with a nice 100gn xtp at 1,800fps it's awesome in a 92 Winchester. Loved mine but a mate loved it more so it now his. You could use my 92 in 25-20 tho.
Bob
Here Bob, Thought you might like some eye candy.

You mean like this one?
32-20 Winchester manufactured in1896.
IMG_20230630_203217.jpg
IMG_20230630_203018.jpg

Here's the 38-55 Winchester
IMG_20230630_202658.jpg
IMG_20230630_202645.jpg

Last edited:
@Ridge Runner
You should be taken out and slapped silly then barred from the site for a month. At $400 the action alone is worth double that.
You need to say ten hail Mary's and our fathers to repent for your sin.
Bob
You don't want to hear about the No 1 in 416rem wearing a B&C stock, Leupold scope in control mount, mercury recoil reducer, 30 rounds factory, and 150 new brass that I got under 1k then?

I have a sickness and the only cure is more cowbell

If we are doing all big bores

5 x 375
3 x 416
1 x 458 Lott
1 x 450 Rigby
1 x 404 Jeffery
1 x 470 NE
@Beck
What no fifty Cal's come in you need a couple of them and don't forget a nice 600 Nitro
Bob

McMillan custom .375 never fired.
Blaser R8 barrel in .375 in case I ever have SIL join me in a DG hunt as he is right-handed, he can't use any of my DG rifles in proper DG calibers.

I am not certain but think I currently own three 375 H & Hs, two 416 Rigby and one 416 Rem. My 416 Rigby by Griffin & Howe gets used far and away the most.

...One pre 64 M-70 .375H&H too many!
One .416 Taylor on a pre64 M-70 action.
Depending upon the year and condition we might be able to reduce the .375 by 1

McMillan custom .375 never fired.
Blaser R8 barrel in .375 in case I ever have SIL join me in a DG hunt as he is right-handed, he can't use any of my DG rifles in proper DG calibers.
SIL = Sister in Law right ? Who is now a he? I mean, it is not unheard of, just a bit unexepected...
:E Rofl: :E Rofl: :E Rofl:

My answer to the opening question is 2+2!
CZ 550 Magnum and Brno O/U double in .375 H&H....
Ruger M77 RSM and Heym Express in .416 Rigby.
The CZ and the Ruger are loaded with a light for caliber Barnes TTSXBT for planes game.
The Brno and the Heym are loaded with a heavy for caliber Woodleigh....for the close encounters.
....only the Heym made it to Africa...

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanna9950

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.