How good is Taxidermy Enterprises (TCI) in Bulawayo?

Here is what I'm doing at colletts today's mount (Kudu)poor picture quality but you can see it yourself
WP_20190312_08_58_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_59_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_59_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_59_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_59_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_58_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20190312_08_59_29_Pro.jpg

Can't help on buff. The following is my experience with TCI:

Taxidermy was marginal on a skull in leopard rug. Head was good. Felt backing was not matched up well to skin so there are wrinkles that won't come out.

Accessories like wallets and belts were pathetic quality. Handbags were good quality. I'm sure it just depends on the craftsman you get doing the job. Completely ruined elephant ears. They look nothing like ears, just tanned elephant skin that bare no shape to an ear.

View attachment 273053
You can notice on wallets they cut all pieces to the same length instead of making insides smaller, so when they fold they are now warped and wrinkled.

View attachment 273054
You can notice the stitching and shape. The corners come to points and are not square.

View attachment 273055
The lining leather of the belts are spliced instead of being cut from a solid piece.

View attachment 273056
Notice the alignment of the rivets.

Talked to Cuan at DSC about situation and showed him photos. He took my info and was going to get back with me. It never happened. Talked to him about it at DSC the next year and showed him photos. He was going to follow up when he got home. He never did. That's the extent of my experience with TCI.

I know TCI is the "go to taxidermist" in Bulawayo. Next time I hunt out of the west side of the country, I will stop in and visit Collet's before making a decision. Will also follow up to see if there are other taxidermists in Bulawayo to use.

I recognize these wallets. Our Cub Scout Troop made them at summer camp in 2015 for Fathers Day presents.

We had TCI handle the shipping of our animals (no taxidermy) from a 2017 trip to Zimbabwe, it all went smooth and communication was excellent. I have seen some taxidermy they bring to DSC. If what they bring is any indication as to their work I would not have them do anything I cared about. If it is just a euro on a shield it may come out alright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.