How did everyone make out at home this year? Post some pictures

Nice 6x7 Elk from the southwest Wyoming area on Oct 15, 2015. Scored about 300 B&C
IMG_0041.JPG

That looks like a very tasty trophy.

It is. Still have about 100 lbs of meat left to eat.

Congrats on the elk Jimnwise

Better luck next year for me!

Sorry it wasn't better Red.

I'd say that was an amazing season, congrats Rod!

Only hunting I've done since Africa in May was a few outings at my place in Missouri for coyotes and pigs.

Whacked this piggie a couple weeks ago with the trusty Boddington Kudu;

IMG_0148 (1).JPG

Last edited:
My one day available for me to hunt turkey here in NW oklahoma. Took about 45 minutes, waited for both turkeys to line up so I only had to use one shell. 8 yards, think the concussion killed them before the shot. Actually had a hen turkey look at my gun barrel at 1 yard. Then got to finish my day at Manday, oklahoma. Will post a link on another thread for that.
20160416_082906.jpg
20160416_090654.jpg

Wish you had a GoPro on.
It is so much fun to get the critters coming in that close.
Congrats. Glad he did not decide to spur you.

Wish you had a GoPro on.
It is so much fun to get the critters coming in that close.
Congrats. Glad he did not decide to spur you.
Yep I wish I could have got that on film, but I am sure the camera would have spooked her. I remember thinking "I wish I had a Brickburn Ghillie suit about now". Those Rio turkeys are about the most skittish, stupid birds I have ever seen. You can move behind a tree at 500 yards and they will spook, but lay still and they will come see you. Having turkey breast for lunch today (and probably all week)

nothing to compare with,but i did fulfill a handgun challenge that to me was great,a rock chuck with my Beretta 22 l.r. at under 8 yards after a stalk.
002 (2).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg