Hong Kong no problem

bashaw

AH enthusiast
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
977
Location
Oregon most of the time
Media
26
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
2
Member of
SCI, NRA,Oregon Hunters Assoc.
Hunted
USA, Zimbabwe x2 , Australia, Mozambique, Namibia, Canada & South Africa
I traveled thru Hong Kong with my rifle and ammo. I flew Cathay Pacific (an excellent airline treat you awesome)with Cathay I had to get permission from the airline in advance to take my gun and ammo but that was easy, when I got to Hong Kong a CX ( Cathay Pacific) employee met me at the door of the plane, any layover more than 2 hours The Hong Kong Police at the airport want to put your gun in a vault, so the CX guy takes me to the Police he retrieves Gun we open it up identify it lock it and they put it back on plane later. The way back home same process but we had a 31 hour layover so they gave me receipt to show CX Staff when we checked back in the next day. The Hong Kong Police are very nice guys, curious about hunting and big caliber rifles.
If anybody wants to travel that way with rifles I have a step by step paper put together by a competition shooter who travels quite a bit.
 
That is such awesome news.
It provides another route to hunting destinations eastward instead of Europe.
Thanks.

Maybe even post those step by step instructions right here!
 
would be good to have that info ,
but not, has saved me a day shopping , as my wife wanted to that long way around , when we were planning our up coming adventure..
so I guess l owe you a beer ......
 
I don't shop but I did enjoy Hong Kong
 

Attachments

I will post a hunt report here in couple of days
 
I do like BEER
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,099
Members
169,258
Latest member
SuzanneGil
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top