Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA,Oregon Hunters Assoc.
Hunted
USA, Zimbabwe, Australia, Mozambique, Namibia, Canada & South Africa
I traveled thru Hong Kong with my rifle and ammo. I flew Cathay Pacific (an excellent airline treat you awesome)with Cathay I had to get permission from the airline in advance to take my gun and ammo but that was easy, when I got to Hong Kong a CX ( Cathay Pacific) employee met me at the door of the plane, any layover more than 2 hours The Hong Kong Police at the airport want to put your gun in a vault, so the CX guy takes me to the Police he retrieves Gun we open it up identify it lock it and they put it back on plane later. The way back home same process but we had a 31 hour layover so they gave me receipt to show CX Staff when we checked back in the next day. The Hong Kong Police are very nice guys, curious about hunting and big caliber rifles.
If anybody wants to travel that way with rifles I have a step by step paper put together by a competition shooter who travels quite a bit.

That is such awesome news.
It provides another route to hunting destinations eastward instead of Europe.
Thanks.

Maybe even post those step by step instructions right here!

would be good to have that info ,
but not, has saved me a day shopping , as my wife wanted to that long way around , when we were planning our up coming adventure..
so I guess l owe you a beer ......

I don't shop but I did enjoy Hong Kong

Attachments

• hongkong.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 301
I will post a hunt report here in couple of days

I do like BEER

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg