Hog/boar/pig gun

Hard to beat lever action rifles as dedicated pig killers.

We've hunted hogs for years here in South Texas, as many as 6 hunts a month and usually hunting them with dogs. For this reason, my backup weapons, after my knife, have been a Ruger Vaquero in 44 Mag on my hip and in a scabbard on the atv, a Winchester Wrangler 44 Mag lever action. Big, powerful bullet that will drop a big hog, and if loaded right, rarely a pass through, which is the way I load them. One ammo, two weapons.
Lot of guns and calibers to choose from, but there's just something about the big loop Winchester that adds that 'wow' factor when you carry it and then put it to use. Fast, light weight, looks cool, great for close quarter shooting, and very reliable.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,180
Members
169,918
Latest member
WildHare
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top