Hippo culling Zambia: 5 hippos for R 40 000

Renier van vuuren

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media

AH-WARNING

Hippo culling Zambia: 5 hippos for R 40 000

LL Safaris is conducting a hippo cull in South Luangwa National Park Zambia. Guest hunters are invited to join us on a 2 day hunt including the following PH, licences, accommodation in our bush camp, transfers ex Mfuwe International Airport and meals. Hunter will be awarded one trophy (the biggest of the 5 animals). Excluded from this package; flights to and from Mfuwe International Airport, drinks, treatment and export of trophies and insurance. This is a once in a lifetime experience not to be missed!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AH-WARNING

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd beware of this hunt for the price alone...way too cheap. Is the hunt legal?

We have been conducting the culling for the last 4 year and this is the first year it has been opened to guest hunters, so yes this is legal. we only started marking the guest hunting packages from today(way too late for the season) and that is why we are running a special.

thats going to make the lodges in the park very happy !! more like :mad:

how many are you going to shoot at one time, and do you have the equipment to recover and facilities to process so many animals at once?

We have been conducting the culling for the last 4 year and this is the first year it has been opened to guest hunters, so yes this is legal. we only started marking the guest hunting packages from today(way too late for the season) and that is why we are running a special.

Renier, Who is the PH guiding this hunt, is it yourself or someone else?

Do you have a webs site?
Do you have some pictures from these previous hunts?

Thanks

brickburn i made a couple of enquiries and realise i met renier about three years ago in zambia, i knew him as kudu. he is based in mfuwe and we had a look around his operation. he dries the meat and sells to the locals , and the hides are sold for top quality leather, i think he said japan was a big buyer. he had some good ideas about ways to utilise surplus hippo, and also try and reintroduce them where the have been poached out so that they could in a way be used like beef cattle. he had plans for canning hippo meat for longer life and bigger distribution in zambia. i think he did a small run as a test. i think his biggest problem at the time was funding for a cannery etc. the culling was done by himself and i think his sons. i dont think he had internet so i think any replies will have to wait till he is where he can access a computer, might be wrong on that? as i said his plan seemed good but i suppose he is trying to raise the cash however he can. i dont know if he is a PH, or who would guide the hunts. i think if any of the hunting was on the luangwa in a GMA he will get opposition from the safari operators running the GMAs, and i would have thought maybe the lodges in the park wouldnt be happy with people hunting there, as opposed to some one doing a culling operation.... not sure.

....i dont know if he is a PH, or who would guide the hunts. i think if any of the hunting was on the luangwa in a GMA he will get opposition from the safari operators running the GMAs, and i would have thought maybe the lodges in the park wouldnt be happy with people hunting there, as opposed to some one doing a culling operation.... not sure.

Thanks for some insight.

Interesting use of the products. canning.

I will await his arrival at a computer. I have grown to realize that it is not downtown L.A. Sometimes there are delays in responses. Important questions to have answered for sure.

I would also be curious on the culling. I know that a foreigne can't legal hunt problem animals in Moz and heard it was the same in Zim and Zambia, could be wrong.

these arent really pac hunts, he is given quite a large quota to cull as excess animals , bit like they used to do with elephant in the valley then utilise the products in a large commercial way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!