Hi from Utah

Thank you all for the replies!
I haven’t booked yet but have researched about 8 outfitters. ( that is until I saw some of the beginner hunts offered on here)
I just retired after 33 years in emergency services. Now I have the time but the $ comes slower.
My current plan is just to book for basic plains game and take my own rifles ( the rifle thing could change)
I guess I want to find a hunt that will give me a chance to feel just a little of what I feel when reading about Africa ( Capstick, Ruark, Hemingway,Roosevelt.....)
I’ve hunted on and off most of my life. Lots of small game and birds. A few trips to Colorado for Elk and deer all DIY.
Very little success, my job schedule just didn’t allow for the planning necessary.
You are in a very good position. You are going to have a great time, and by all means take your own gun. If you have questions regards the paper work there is an excellent section on this site that will have the answers. I highly recommend Riflepermits.com to help with importation to RSA.
 
Thanks all. So many people willing to share their knowledge
 
Welcome! Two initial thoughts: Consider Namibia—great hunting, people, experience, safe place to travel, and easy rifle paperwork. Consider using Lori Spears at Travel Express. Great advice for travel in general and rifle travel in particular. My outfitter—Uitspan Hunting/Michael and Tiene Duvenhage—used her services for an extensive trip and were very satisfied. I booked through Travel Express on my recent hunt and Lori found me an inexpensive route that really worked for me. Quite creative. Just a few thoughts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,442
Latest member
ChangVardo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top