Hi from Down Under

HJS

AH member
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Member of
SAHGCA, SSAA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Australia
Hi everyone,
I've been a member of this great forum for several years so my "Hello there" post is well overdue.
I'm fortunate that I grew up in South Africa and hunt there frequently. I've only hunted plains game, mainly for biltong. I now live in Australia and have acquired a .500 Jeffery and a .435 PH Express to help me achieve my childhood dream of hunting dangerous game.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH HJS!
 
Welkom!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
G’day, I’m downunder too.
 
Gday, I am also South African born living in Qld for just over a decade.
If you dont mind me asking, what make and model is your 500 and where did you purchase it?
I am having a bit of a hard time finding dealers that stock large caliber rifles.
My local gunshop is currently inquiring from Winchester USA to source me a model 70 in .416 Rem mag.
 
Howzit!
 
Hi everyone,
I've been a member of this great forum for several years so my "Hello there" post is well overdue.
I'm fortunate that I grew up in South Africa and hunt there frequently. I've only hunted plains game, mainly for biltong. I now live in Australia and have acquired a .500 Jeffery and a .435 PH Express to help me achieve my childhood dream of hunting dangerous game.
@HJS
Welcome from a New south Welshman.
Were are you in Australia.
Bob
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Gday, I am also South African born living in Qld for just over a decade.
If you dont mind me asking, what make and model is your 500 and where did you purchase it?
I am having a bit of a hard time finding dealers that stock large caliber rifles.
My local gunshop is currently inquiring from Winchester USA to source me a model 70 in .416 Rem mag.
@A. Swan
There's a few good shops in Qld that may be able to help you.
Cleavers firearms in Margate.
Rebel gun works
And
The barn.
I have been able to get brass from them that others haven't been able to get. Admittedly it wasn't for the big boomers but for the almost dead 25-20 wcf.
Bob
 
  • Like
Reactions: HJS
Welcome from a Mexican.

Good to have another Aussie on board.

I see you're an SSAA member. Your're probably aware of the SSAA BRGC - a great opportunity to meet like minded souls shooting some cool rifles chambered in cartidges that start a 4 or a 5.

... as well as some that shoot cute little rounds like the 9.3s :ROFLMAO:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,178
Members
170,529
Latest member
MohammedFo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top