Hi from a Namibian born Nevada resident

I was born in Namibia, and my sons in South Africa. After 15 years in the USA, we are grateful and proud Americans. We are settled and integrated, here on the Eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada. We have joined local hunting communities and have been lucky enough to draw some Nevada hunting tags over the last 5 years.

However, when my youngest hunted his first Eland on our SA visit in 2023, I saw him get re-attached to our continent, after leaving Africa at the age of 2, and I became painfully aware of something lingering in the background, namely the Africa-shaped hole in our lives. Brian Jackson (British Journalist and author) said: “Everything in Africa bites, but the safari bugs is the worst of all”. Don't we know it!

My mission is to promote Southern African hunting to the next strata of American hunter. There is a wildly unfair perception back home that American hunters need pampering (and will pay for it), perhaps because the industry started with big-5 trophy hunting. Having lived and hunted here I now know that the average tag hunter in the USA works much harder than his SA counterpart. It is my mission to show these hunters that African hunting is withing reach, and at the same time convince SA operations to cater for them.
Welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VNCFlorida

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you