Heym SR 20

I recently sold my RH. 7x57 five shots in one ragged hole.
I honestly cant say enough good about these rifles. The stock design is also simply
Perfect. Ive had a few dozen rifles ive attempted to setup for hunting & this one simply takes the cake. They can also be found for excellent prices (Mine with that nice stock came exactly as seen in the picture for $900 on the used rack local to me. I couldnt believe it)
 
I prefer the Heym "Classic" stock. (I have some others, both with the Monte Carlo stock and the fullstock.)

My Heym SR20N CLASSIC 9.3x62 Mauser
Oil-finish walnut Classic-style stock with steel grip cap and shadow-line cheekpiece.
Factory-installed Pachmayr Decelerator pad. Factory glass-bedded steel recoil crossbolt.
Weighs approx. 7 lb. w/o Swarovski scope and Talley rings.

By the way, the original SR20 owner's manual is available online. (https://jagdfibel.de/images/d/d8/Heymsr20.pdf)

0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
2.JPG
 
Last edited:
For a short while I owned an SR20 lefty in 308win. Absolutely no complaints on the rifle per-se, but the stock was too short for me. So I had to let it go.
 
I have one in 7 mm Rem Mag, I believe with the Magnum action they put a G behind it, Heym SR20 G. Mine has been with me for 40 years.
 
For a short while I owned an SR20 lefty in 308win. Absolutely no complaints on the rifle per-se, but the stock was too short for me. So I had to let it go.
That makes sense. Mine has set triggers and I think my LOP to the back trigger is 13.5”,which for me (168cm or approximately 5 foot 6 inch) is perfect
 
  • Like
Reactions: cmk
I prefer the Heym "Classic" stock. (I have some others, both with the Monte Carlo stock and the fullstock.)

My Heym SR20N CLASSIC 9.3x62 Mauser
Oil-finish walnut Classic-style stock with steel grip cap and shadow-line cheekpiece.
Factory-installed Pachmayr Decelerator pad. Factory glass-bedded steel recoil crossbolt.
Weighs approx. 7 lb. w/o Swarovski scope and Talley rings.

By the way, the original SR20 owner's manual is available online. (https://jagdfibel.de/images/d/d8/Heymsr20.pdf)

View attachment 727789View attachment 727790View attachment 727791View attachment 727788
I know the SR21’s stock design was designed by Ralf Martini, I wonder if he had any hand in the original SR20 Design as well
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,046
Members
169,484
Latest member
DessieHarp
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top