Heym 89b 450/400

I don't have chrono numbers for Hornady factory ammo, but I could get the numbers next time I'm at the range.

I shoot Safari Arms ammo in my Heym 450/400 Double. 400 gr at 2150 fps. I've stopped 3 elephants with that rifle/ammo combo.

I use Safari Arms ammo in my Heym 458 Lott, and Heym 375 H&H. 458 ammo - 500 gr at 2200 fps.
375 ammo - 270 gr at 2800 fps.

So far, I've never had an issue with any of the rifles or ammo.
 
Last edited:
I don't have chrono numbers for Hornady factory ammo, but I could get the numbers next time I'm at the range.

I shoot Safari Arms ammo in my Heym 450/400 Double. 400 gr at 2150 fps. I've stopped 3 elephants with that rifle/ammo combo.

I use Safari Arms ammo in my Heym 458 Lott, and Heym 375 H&H. 458 ammo - 500 gr at 2200 fps.
375 ammo - 270 gr at 2800 fps.

So far, I've never had an issue with any of the rifles or ammo.
Thanks Franco.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,708
Members
168,982
Latest member
russi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top