Help putting Humpty Dumpty back together - mod 70 win

Anyone have optics recommendations? I was thinking a 30mm swaro 1-6 straight tube extended eye relief. Anything better suited to this gun for versatility for dik dik through dagga boys?

If the stock is the proper length you should not have to spend the extra for extended eye relieve..
Take a look at the new Leica ER 5 1.5x8x32 would make a great scope on a 375 will aslo save you a few bucks.

Have you heard the old adage:

Not all gun dealers are crooks but all crooks are gun dealers?

I have a new one:

Not all gentlemen are members of africahunting.com but all its members are gentlemen!

In 24 hours I had numerous responses to this thread including offers to give me and mail me parts. Zephyr came through with the big haul of every additional part I was still missing that was beyond obscure. (A rear sight made for 9 years in one caliber of one gun of which not all those guns were so equipped!)

This forum amazes me! Thanks for your generosity and collaboration everyone.

Thanks to all this gun will not just be survivable, but will be brought back to 95%+ condition by putting back all the period correct accessories that were lost to time. Can't wait for the day I use it on buffalo and eland!

Believe I have the sight your are looking for, came off of a 375 that I refinished with a 499xxx serial number. Also have a front sight hood and the bottom metal with screws plus the trigger guard.
The screw holes fore the the sight measure 1.25.

Zephyr. Hello and glad you could help this fella. Do you have or know where there is another one?
I am looking for exactly the same sight for a 1958 Winchester M70 .375 H&H (Supergrade) I believe it has the older style base installed which takes a dovetailed sight. There is an incorrect sight currently installed. I was looking for the correct 70B rollover folding sight correct for that rifle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure you can appreciate!

This is the sight your looking for rook.... and no it's not for sale ;)
dY16A1R.jpg

Attachments

• dY16A1R.jpg
    dY16A1R.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 54
I wonder how many people wish they were your close friends right now :)(y);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,