Help putting Humpty Dumpty back together - mod 70 win

zephyr

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone have optics recommendations? I was thinking a 30mm swaro 1-6 straight tube extended eye relief. Anything better suited to this gun for versatility for dik dik through dagga boys?

If the stock is the proper length you should not have to spend the extra for extended eye relieve..
Take a look at the new Leica ER 5 1.5x8x32 would make a great scope on a 375 will aslo save you a few bucks.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Have you heard the old adage:

Not all gun dealers are crooks but all crooks are gun dealers?

I have a new one:

Not all gentlemen are members of africahunting.com but all its members are gentlemen!

In 24 hours I had numerous responses to this thread including offers to give me and mail me parts. Zephyr came through with the big haul of every additional part I was still missing that was beyond obscure. (A rear sight made for 9 years in one caliber of one gun of which not all those guns were so equipped!)

This forum amazes me! Thanks for your generosity and collaboration everyone.

Thanks to all this gun will not just be survivable, but will be brought back to 95%+ condition by putting back all the period correct accessories that were lost to time. Can't wait for the day I use it on buffalo and eland!

Blowback

Reaction score
Believe I have the sight your are looking for, came off of a 375 that I refinished with a 499xxx serial number. Also have a front sight hood and the bottom metal with screws plus the trigger guard.
The screw holes fore the the sight measure 1.25.

Zephyr. Hello and glad you could help this fella. Do you have or know where there is another one?
I am looking for exactly the same sight for a 1958 Winchester M70 .375 H&H (Supergrade) I believe it has the older style base installed which takes a dovetailed sight. There is an incorrect sight currently installed. I was looking for the correct 70B rollover folding sight correct for that rifle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure you can appreciate!

deewayne2003

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
This is the sight your looking for rook.... and no it's not for sale ;)

Attachments

• dY16A1R.jpg
    dY16A1R.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 4

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Sight located. Gun fixed. Let a friend have it 3 years ago. :)

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I wonder how many people wish they were your close friends right now :)(y);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavisBone

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.