Help me identify my mauser

Nice rifle. made 1925 btw.

It certainly is more "TypeB" than anything else and I believe original although the stock is more TypeC style being uncheckered.
The Cs generally had military barrels but I imagine they had many different configurations so this could be classified as a C.
That silver escutcheon on the wrist gives me pause. Usually something in that spot is inserted to fill old peep sight holes.
I've never seen one just like it.
 
Nice rifle. made 1925 btw.

It certainly is more "TypeB" than anything else and I believe original although the stock is more TypeC style being uncheckered.
The Cs generally had military barrels but I imagine they had many different configurations so this could be classified as a C.
That silver escutcheon on the wrist gives me pause. Usually something in that spot is inserted to fill old peep sight holes.
I've never seen one just like it.
I’m waiting to see if the bottom metal is serialized. Possibly it’s a type c that someone put the levered bottom metal on?
 
The magazine box will be stamped on the back wall.
It looks like the front ring is dated 1914 or is it 1924?
The serial number puts it at 1925 (maybe 1924) in Speed’s book.
 
The magazine box will be stamped on the back wall.
It looks like the front ring is dated 1914 or is it 1924?
The serial number puts it at 1925 (maybe 1924) in Speed’s book.
It reads 1914 to me as well. And yeah I looked in Speeds book to for the date of 24/25.

Were type c’s not sold with stepped military barrels?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,380
Messages
1,574,635
Members
170,076
Latest member
LenoraBled
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top