Help me find a FFL in Houston area

Hillbilly Marine

AH veteran
Reaction score
I need some help folks. I have a cousin in Houston TX that is definitely not a gun guy but has three rifles and a shotgun he wants to give me. I stopped him from just dropping them in the mail (he had no clue that he couldn't do that) and I was going to drive from NC to there to get them. However, time and job just won't allow that. Does anyone in the Houston area have any good shops that will help him out with this process? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot guys

The FFL holder is on your end of the deal. He can ship them to a FFL holder at your local and doesn't need one to ship them.

Use UPS and there should be no problems

It doesn't hurt to use an FFL holder at each end and the FFL holder on the shipping end will ensure everything is packaged securely, etc. It's easy to find one but the main consideration will be where he lives in the Houston area as there's no need to drive far to find one. So, where, more specifically, does he live?

You can use this site to find a near-by FFL:

FFL locator

Houston is a big place with lots of FFLs. I lived in Houston the past few years, but recently retired and moved. I used a pawn shop on Westheimer, just west of Beltway 8. But as a @JimP mentioned, it is legal to ship long guns to a FFL, with no FFL required on the sender's end. FedEx is probably the best and maybe the only option to ship guns. You probably need to go to a major FedEx store location. UPS Stores in Houston require you to take firearm shipments to the major UPS hub in Stafford. Not a big deal if you are located in the SW Houston area.

Gunbroker has a helpful page with details

Last edited:
Yes, FedEx is more friendly toward firearm shipments than UPS. Any of the small FedEx stores around me will ship even handguns with no problems but UPS small stores won't. But it is expensive. The shipping on the last handgun I shipped was $67.00. That's more than you will probably have to pay an FFL to do it for you.

It would be interesting to learn just what it would cost to ship a pistol or rifle on either FedEx or UPS. I shipped a pistol a few years ago on UPS and it just went by weight, but the insurance was a little costly.

PM me, we can help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg