Help ID, JP Sauer and Sohn double ?

roklok

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 12, 2023
Messages
690
Reaction score
1,995
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
I won on Gunbroker this German double 16 gauge I am positive has at least some connection to JP Sauer and Sohn, likely built by them but unbranded. It was listed on Gunbroker as a "Spanish 16 gauge", I won the auction for $272.00. I knew it was a German shotgun of some sort. When I received it and examined markings and features, it certainly appears to be a Sauer shotgun. Curiosly though it is completely unbranded except for S&S stamped on underside of barrels. My understanding is this indicates Sauer and Sohn. There are also various German proof marks on frame water table and underside of barrels. It is equipped with cocking indicator pins, a horn buttplate, germanic cheekpiece, and sling swivels. A really nice handling shotgun that weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce with 29.5 inch barrels. Any ideas exactly what I have ? It certainly appears to be a Sauer shotgun, just really strange it has no markings visible when assembled. In fact the only visible markings when closed is "nitro" on each barrel just above the frame.
1000062101.jpg
1000062083.jpg
1000062097.jpg
1000062094.jpg
1000062092.jpg
1000062087.jpg
1000062086.jpg
1000062171.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,570,174
Members
168,857
Latest member
JuneLindsey
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top