Helloo fellow hunters!

Nice inspirational story for a beginner like me. Thank you for sharing it.
Welcome to AH and welcome to the hunting fraternity. You are headed down a path that many of us took decades ago with the help of friends and family. Seems you don't have that option but @Shootist43 and @mark-hunter have given you some very good advise. I am lucky enough to manage a hunting mentorship program here at home and there is nothing better than taking a new hunter on their first hunt, showing them the ropes and turning them into life long hunters that promote our great sport. On a personal note on my first safari to Africa I had filled my wish list and had a couple days left so my wife who has never shot a firearm over .22 caliber or hunted any game at all was talked into giving it a go. I told the PH that it was up to him to teach her as she probably wouldn't listen to me anyway. The next day the PH took my wife to the range and spent the better part of the morning teaching my wife to shoot my 7mm rem mag. After a box of ammo they both felt confident that she was good to go. That same afternoon she killed her first big game animal, one shot from the sticks at just under 200yds. That blesbok holds a special place in my trophy room. Good luck on your journey.

Welcome.are u allowed large bore air rifles? If it is not too expensive maybe there is firearms training in Africa or Australia u could attend.u could always come to the US we need more like u.there a literally thousands of training programs,hunt clubs and shooting clubs and I'm sure it would not be a stretch to get mentored here.i don't know one local hunter that would not take a new guy along especially in ur situation.fla has an online hunter safety training program that's free the only catch is u have to show up and shoot for ur final.most all states require some sort of training if u are born after a certain date .I think it's mid 80tys here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.