Helloo fellow hunters!

yasindu

AH member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im very new to the hunting and I really love Africa. The sunset, grasslands, baobab trees. All feel like heaven to me. Just like our very first ancestors. Hunting in Africa is like a dream to me. I found AH when searching and now I feel one step close to my dream. Thank you AH. I really like to learn more about hunting in Africa. So any tips, recommendations, news are warmly welcome.
Thank you.

Wishing you a warm welcome . What do you hunt in Sri Lanka ? And what rifles or shotguns do you own ?

Well in srilanka hunting is illegal. Any kind of hunt. Africa is the closest hunting destination to our island.So Africa is the best choice for me.Oh and I was the sectional captain of our college sport shooting association in 2019. I m completely new for hunting but luckily not for shooting. I really like to learn about the hunting. So any tips are welcome and thank you for your comment.

Well in srilanka hunting is illegal. Any kind of hunt. Africa is the closest hunting destination to our island.So Africa is the best choice for me.Oh and I was the sectional captain of our college sport shooting association in 2019. I m completely new for hunting but luckily not for shooting. I really like to learn about the hunting. So any tips are welcome and thank you for your comment.
Okay , young man . I understand . What firearms do you own ? And which game are you interested in hunting ?

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard! You came to the right place. Browse through the forums here and tap into the extraordinary experience and expertise of the people here. It's astounding what you can learn.

Unfortunately Firearm ownership in our republic is only for VIPs and other special state officials. But I own a Mod B3 -1 china air rifle and a Mod WTS 800 sri lanka.Air guns are allowed for civilians.I think it is good to use fire arms provide by safari company for rent. Less troubles with gun permits too ,isn't it. Well I have used T56s and .22 s.
I hope to hunt cape buffalos(is it true. Are they famous as black death among the hunters ?) , warthogs, leopards,lions . I really interested in predators of dark continent.
Okay , young man . I understand . What firearms do you own ? And which game are you interested in hunting ?

Unfortunately Firearm ownership in our republic is only for VIPs and other special state officials. But I own a Mod B3 -1 china air rifle and a Mod WTS 800 sri lanka.Air guns are allowed for civilians.I think it is good to use fire arms provide by safari company for rent. Less troubles with gun permits too ,isn't it. Well I have used T56s and .22 s.
I hope to hunt cape buffalos(is it true. Are they famous as black death among the hunters ?) , warthogs, leopards,lions . I really interested in predators of dark continent.
Son , you've got a long long way to go before you can even think of hunting any of those things . First , you need to learn how to shoot some real firearms . Airguns are basically toys . Then , start with hunting something simple like birds or something. Then , work your way to deer or wild boars . Only then , should you think about tackling things like leopard or lion . And let's not even go into the subject of Cape Buffalo.

You seem quite young to me . How old are you ?

Welcome to AH yasindu! Enjoy exploring this incredible resource, lots of information here to gather and learn from.

Thank you for your tips and advices. Really useful. Yes. I should gather more experience before facing those beasts.
Son , you've got a long long way to go before you can even think of hunting any of those things . First , you need to learn how to shoot some real firearms . Airguns are basically toys . Then , start with hunting something simple like birds or something. Then , work your way to deer or wild boars . Only then , should you think about tackling things like leopard or lion . And let's not even go into the subject of Cape Buffalo.

You seem quite young to me . How old are you ?

Welcome to AH !

:S Welcome: to AH!

Nyati, on AH you can learn something new every day.

Yasindu, I think your best bet is to read current and past hunting reports. When and if you can look for a future AH group hunt, explain your situation and desires and perhaps someone will take you under their "wing" and show you the ropes. You also might search out someone in Sri Lanka that has hunted and try to develop some report' with him. BTW welcome to AH and Good Luck with your searches.

Hello everyone. Im very new to the hunting and I really love Africa. The sunset, grasslands, baobab trees. All feel like heaven to me. Just like our very first ancestors. Hunting in Africa is like a dream to me. I found AH when searching and now I feel one step close to my dream. Thank you AH. I really like to learn more about hunting in Africa. So any tips, recommendations, news are warmly welcome.
Thank you.
Welcome tO AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you