Hello from TX

Welcome to AH Rhoyland4!
 
Welcome to AH, fellow Texan! I know Boerne well. You'll find tons of info here and lots of great people to answer questions and provide inspiration.

If you'd like to meet in person with a number of African outfitters / ranch owners to ask questions and potentially plan a trip, I recommend that you attend the Texas Trophy Hunters Association Hunter's Extravaganza show in San Antonio August 15-17, 2025. There are usually 10-15 African outfits at those August shows, and that's how I researched and booked my first safari (though it was at the DFW show). Shows like that are one of the few opportunities we have to engage face-to-face with the people you could be hunting with in Africa, plus you might meet some of their clients, too, and hear about their experiences.

Planning a safari is a journey in and of itself, so enjoy it!
 
Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I will start posting some questions soon. I am trying to research and not ask questions that have already been answered.
 
Africa has been in the back of my mind for years, but now I am making it a priority! I am just starting to look at a trip for 2027 for myself and my daughter who will be 17 then. I will be asking lots of questions on different forums soon. Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge in this group!
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome fellow Texan.
I grew up in Boerne/Fair Oaks area as well.
You are in the right place and on the right track!
 
Welcome to AH, lots of great folks here with extensive experience so don’t hesitate to reach out
 
Africa has been in the back of my mind for years, but now I am making it a priority! I am just starting to look at a trip for 2027 for myself and my daughter who will be 17 then. I will be asking lots of questions on different forums soon. Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge in this group!
Welcome to the forum
 
Welcome aboard. How's your planning coming along?

I am a fellow Texan as well and happy to chat if you haven't picked a destination yet. I have taken my kids all over Africa and can say it's hard to go wrong no matter what you choose to do.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,915
Members
169,641
Latest member
QDW5046428
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top