Hello from Tennessee!

Hamhock95

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
29
Location
Tennessee
Hello everyone,

After years away from the sport because of my career, I'm just now getting back into hunting. My experience is limited to hunting small game (groundhog, raccoon, squirrel,) and turkey. I'm looking to expand my horizons and begin hunting big game in the U.S., as well as begin planning my first Africa hunt with my nephew in the near future. I'm a long time stalker on AH and I've found the community very inviting and the information illuminating. Any insight into my reintroduction and future hunts is very much appreciated in advance.


Happy hunting!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome aboard from Arkansas. How's the weather where you are tonight? Are you caught in the national disaster zone? We've heard reports some folks could be without power for 2-3 weeks. We're frozen in over here, but never lost power or water, so we're fortunate. Stay safe!
 
Welcome aboard from Arkansas. How's the weather where you are tonight? Are you caught in the national disaster zone? We've heard reports some folks could be without power for 2-3 weeks. We're frozen in over here, but never lost power or water, so we're fortunate. Stay safe!
Much appreciated! We got lucky this time around. They predicted a significant amount of snow and ice here in the mountains in NE Tennessee, but we somehow got away with a light snow fall with minimal power outages. We're still enjoying bread and milk sandwiches all the same. Looks like you guys got hit harder than we did. Hope you all are staying warm!
 
Ahhhh....ETSU. I wish I'd never left you...

Ok ....technically Johnson City area.
I travel a wide range of East and Middle Tennessee: Johnson City, aka Tri Cities, Morristown and vicinities, Nashville, Murfreesboro, Cookeville and vicinities, and Chattanooga, and occasionally Clarksville/Fort Campbell.
 
OK... We are hitting close to home now. Roots in Morristown. Grew up in Kingsport, went to ETSU and met my wife there. Stopped over in Knoxville for a few years and have now been in Chattanooga area for 27 years..
 
Howdy neighbor, Elizabethton native here! Glad to know there's a few mountain folk on here.

I include Elizabethon as part of Johnson City area along with: Unicoi, Erin, Jonesboro, Bluff City, Greenville, TN, All places where there's a TVA, TWRA, USNFS, hunting area I pretty much travel there.

I forgot to include Oak Ridge and Big South Fork on my ealier thread..
 
Ok ....technically Johnson City area.
I travel a wide range of East and Middle Tennessee: Johnson City, aka Tri Cities, Morristown and vicinities, Nashville, Murfreesboro, Cookeville and vicinities, and Chattanooga, and occasionally Clarksville/Fort Campbell.
You must have many homes!
 
OK... We are hitting close to home now. Roots in Morristown. Grew up in Kingsport, went to ETSU and met my wife there. Stopped over in Knoxville for a few years and have now been in Chattanooga area for 27 years..
Met my wife there as well. Damn KD's...
 
Welcome from Brentwood, just south of Nashville and home of 3/4” of ice and no power going on 3 days. Tonight just got cell service back so checking on AH posts while manning the generator. Wish this on nobody, but this too shall pass. Wife in a hotel, so just me and the pup, and honestly just blessed. Still about 150K without power, and most are not able to stay in homes as temp is currently 10 and headed to 0 tonight.
 
Hello everyone,

After years away from the sport because of my career, I'm just now getting back into hunting. My experience is limited to hunting small game (groundhog, raccoon, squirrel,) and turkey. I'm looking to expand my horizons and begin hunting big game in the U.S., as well as begin planning my first Africa hunt with my nephew in the near future. I'm a long time stalker on AH and I've found the community very inviting and the information illuminating. Any insight into my reintroduction and future hunts is very much appreciated in advance.


Happy hunting!

Welcome to AH! If you have time and since you're familiar with Nashville, perhaps spend a day or two at the upcoming SCI convention in a few weeks. That would be a good way to kick off your African hunt planning.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,007
Members
169,682
Latest member
CarmonWxt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top