Hello from Montana

buffybr

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
564
Reaction score
1,513
Location
Montana
Media
184
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
2
Member of
SCI, RMEF, Life member NRA & Foundation of North Amerian Wild Sheep, and Manhatten (Montana) Wildlife Association
Hunted
USA(CO,MT,WY,AK,TX), Canada(NWT,Saskatchewan,Quebec), Zimbabwe(Matetsi), RSA(Limpopo,KZN,Free State,Eastern Cape), New Zealand, Mozambique, Azerbaijan
Hi all. This looks like a great forum to be part of. Africa has become a special place for me, and this forum is a great place to re-live memories and to dream of future hunts.

I grew up in Colorado, and began hunting when I was in college and living summers in NW Colorado. After college, I moved to Montana and have called this place home for almost 40 years.

I had some fantastic hunting here in Montana in the late 70's and 80's, taking good trophies of most of Montana's big game species on DIY hunts.

I went on my first guided hunt in 1999 to the MacKenzie Mountains in Canada's NW Territories to take a great Dall ram, Mtn Caribou, and Wolverine. I returned to NWT in 2004 to hunt two more caribou and a huge Musk ox.

I made my first hunt to the Limpopo Province of South Africa in 2000 and took 7 species of Plains Game. I returned to Africa in 2005 for a Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe and for more Plains Game in KW Natal and the Free State of RSA. My last trip to Africa was in 2007 where I hunted a dozen species on several concessions in the Eastern Cape region of South Africa.

I also play a lot of golf, shoot skeet and trap every week, do a lot of reloading, and have done the stock work on quite a few of my rifles.
 
Welcome, buffybr.

You sound like an interesting fellow, except for that four-letter word, "golf." :)

Bill Quimby
 
Welcome aboard buffybr, don't let Bill give you a hard time about "golf". I go out and drink beer, I mean "golf" too.

nd
 
... Africa has become a special place for me...

Welcome to AH buffybr! You'll fit in here just fine, I know everyone here feels the same way.

I really enjoyed looking at your trophy photo gallery. For anyone interested to look at his great collection of trophy photos you can click here or in his Stats box of his post header on the number next to View My Photos.

Glad that you decided to join us and look forward to reading your posts!


Bill, some women believe that golf, hunt and fish are all four-letter words! :laughing:
 
Hi Buffybr, we hunted together in the NWT in 2004 for caribou. I'll never forget that trip! You are very serious hunter and fisherman. Welcome to the website. Congradulations on all the fine animals you have taken in Africa.

It's because of meeting Buffybr, that I got into SCI and a lot of of things in my life.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,066
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top