Hello from eastern Kentucky

Welcome aboard Jbg. I share your love of the 35 Whelen. Mine has been to Africa twice. Do you reload your ammo? If so, how about sharing your recipe? I'm getting 2730 FPS pushing a 225 Gr. Barnes TSX. FYI writing up a story about your previous African hunt along with photos would be a good thing.
I do reload for the whelen. I used imr 8208 with hornady and speer 250s. Itu Im worked up to 53.7 grains. My velocity was just past 2600. I settled on 53.2 at 2550 with better accuracy. On a side note I used a barnes 120ttsx on a big blue wildebeest with amazing results. I bought some 200 grains to try in my 35 but haven't gotten too the range yet. Thanks for the message
 
Now just in case you want to shoot a real "thumper" try some of Hornady's 200 Gr. Superformance loads putting out some 2900 FPS. Trust me it will get your attention
 
Welcome to AH Jbg. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,447
Members
169,748
Latest member
neosertedist1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top