Hello From Dallas

The guys at McClelland Gunshop can help you out with reaming your chamber. They do a good bit of work on "Africa" guns and have quite a few local DSC members as customers.. I am not sure they would rent you a reamer.. but I am certain they would do the work for you if you need someone to do it..

I typically rent from 4D Reamer Rentals: https://4drentals.com/ they arent local to DFW, but they generally ship the next day and the reamers and gauges are in your mailbox in 3-4 days tops.. they give you plenty of time to get the job done (I think a week? I typically get it done in a couple of days when finish reaming a chamber.. its really just a matter of having time to get to it.. its only a few hours task once you get started)... and they are reasonably inexpensive... The reamers I have gotten from them have always been sharp and good quality..

Im on the north end of the DFW metroplex... if you're planning on doing DSC this year, feel free to swing by on the 5th.. we're having a little party/gathering at our house for @Bos en Dal SAFARIS... more info here: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/free-booze-and-food-january-5th-2023.72294/

And don't miss the AH dinner on Friday night of DSC...

Both would be a great place to meet several members of AH as well as a number of DFW locals that are into hunting/africa/custom rifles/etc...

Welcome!
Can affirm @mdwest and McClelland Gun shop, even though I am not any sort of gunsmith. Have known mdwest a long time and McClelland has a pretty large set up at DSC every year allowing you to talk to them while at the show this year if you don't make it to their shop before the convention. Last I talked to them they has three full time smiths. (?)
 
Hello IA1865,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here but finally made an account. My name is Ian and I live in Dallas, TX. Grew up hunting white tails (MN then TX) and have started to go out west with Africa in my sights for sometime in the next 3-5 years. My current project, and reason for finally joining the forum, is a 9.3x62 built on an FN commercial M98 action in the English style. I'll be cross-posting this in the gunsmithing forum as well, but would love to rent a 9.3x62 reamer from someone here or if someone could point me to a gunsmith in the DFW area who has one.

Thank you all for the help you've given me as a long time lurker, and looking forward to interacting with you more regularly.

Best,
Ian
Welcome
 
Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions..
 
Howdy from NTX
 
Welcome to AH, nice caliber to build a rifle !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,859
Members
169,448
Latest member
MichaelMur
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top