Helicopter lure!?

CJW

AH legend
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,515
Reaction score
5,707
Media
11
Articles
1
Anybody ever use these back in the day when Roland Martin was pushing them? Someone gave me these 20+ years ago and I ran across them again today while organizing my fishing stuff. I might rig up a rod with a swivel or two and see if I can catch something on them this year. Quite the idea, good or bad.

20250605_161138.jpg
 
Someone gave me some as well and they worked well over grass flats for bass but they really shined in the Chadeleaur islands of Louisiana on speckled trout. They didn’t last long due to the teeth of the trout they would chew them up pretty quick.
 
They work great in some lakes and in slow pools along streams for smallmouth, especially in clear water. My problem here in Ohio is the invasive vegetation that is taking over so many lakes.

Thirty years ago, Lily pads along the Lakeshore were the perfect place to cast something like this for Largemouth. Now I stick to topwater lures to avoid all the invasive vegetation. :confused:
 
Here's some more As Seen on TV stuff.

Banjo Minnows and frogs which I found in some of my aunt's stuff and Walking Worms that I bought at one SG store or another way back when and never used.

There's some experimenting to do this summer.

20250608_153713.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,245
Messages
1,569,421
Members
168,701
Latest member
EvieBeaman
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top