Has anyone here read this book on Howard Hill?

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
I have and also some videos out there on his shooting abilities including Africa (and Hollwood)
Amazing man and Life!
Screenshot_20230411_084626_Chrome.jpg

Bought it from Amazon with my first paycheque twenty years ago and straight-away bought a recurve instead of the compound I had my heart set on initially. Ended-up owning at least five Howard Hill longbows (made by Craig Ekin) but never did kill a buffalo with one. Got a few buffalo with Black Widow longbows. Shot a few boars and billies with the Hills. These days I am enjoying a Mathews compound!

I love the romance and simplicity of just drawing back and flinging arrows at a target with a longbow or a recurve. It’s never been something that I’ve had the commitment to practice as much as need to be really proficient at.

Yes when I was younger, he was a Hero of my Dads with Fred Bear (I also think highly of Fred)

I have over the years guided some incredible bow hunters & seen some amazing shots, from Bob Markworth in the early days to Tim Wells in recent years, Tim is now big into Spear hunting as he finds Bow Hunting too easy lol !!

I actually got to hold the foot of that elephant. His son had it in his shop in Montana years back. Pretty interesting read.

Look up some of the videos on Howard Hill...*he was also behind the scenes in Robin Hood flinging through arrows that were shot in the movie!!!

Guys a legend. Some of the hunting videos he produced weren't exactly showing a real hunt story as video recording tech wasn't up to par for unstaged live action. He was pushing for hunting and bow hunting back when it wasn't a thing. His wife was also an accomplished archer. The guy knew what he was doing and helped popularize bow hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AiWinClubApp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.