Harald Wolf Gunsmith

Foxi/members, I need some assistance in regards to get in contact with Mr. Harald Wulf to ask him if he has available a drawing of a reamer ( CIP specs ) of the 9.3 x 70 caliber, I really want to build this caliber into a hunting rifle..the people at Pacific Tool/Reamer and gauge company needs a drawing of the reamer so they can make me a duplicate of the reamer /or maybe three live rounds will work as well...then I need to see if I can get a set of re-loading dies as well...I really would appreciate it very much if members can assist me..(y)(y)(y)(y)

Since this cartridge is an unofficial wildcat, you're going to run into several problems. One, is that you need to make brass from .404 Jeffery. Two, CIP has no standards published for a reamer. Three, it is less than .375 caliber so its illegal in many jurisdictions for dangerous game. Four, many locations require properly headstamped brass which will increase costs for custom brass significantly.

While it appears Brenneke invented this cartridge, original cartridges haven't been made since the 1920s-1930s it appears and finding 3 of them to reverse engineer a reamer will be a challenge.

Might I suggest you go with a 9.3x64 brenneke instead, it achieves the same goals while avoiding most of the same challenges.

Since this cartridge is an unofficial wildcat, you're going to run into several problems. One, is that you need to make brass from .404 Jeffery. Two, CIP has no standards published for a reamer. Three, it is less than .375 caliber so its illegal in many jurisdictions for dangerous game. Four, many locations require properly headstamped brass which will increase costs for custom brass significantly.

While it appears Brenneke invented this cartridge, original cartridges haven't been made since the 1920s-1930s it appears and finding 3 of them to reverse engineer a reamer will be a challenge.

Might I suggest you go with a 9.3x64 brenneke instead, it achieves the same goals while avoiding most of the same challenges.
Rookhawk, thank you for the reply, I am fortunate to just being contact by a Gunsmith in Belgium who has this caliber build in a hunting rifle, and he has a drawing of the reamer, so I am sorted, I am going to get a duplicate of the drawing from Wim, owner of bullet factory/gunsmith send it to a reamer company, or I can order this caliber 9.3 x 70 reamer from the Triebel reamer company as well..I now need to get re-loading dies..I will ask Wim to send me three live rounds to use as measurement so a company can make me re-loading dies as well..I do not hunt dangerous game, will use this caliber as I use my 404 Jeffery hunting rifle..to hunt normal plains game like eland, kudu ect...I do not need head stamp brass ..I use my 404 Jeffery brass or I can fire form brass to fit in this chamber...or use .375 H&H Magnum brass to fire form to 9.3 x 70 brass to shoot in the 9.3 x 70 caliber rifle

I was reading about a Belgian Gunsmith recently by the name of Mr. Harald Wolf . This gentleman made some pretty impressive rifles in some rare German calibers and it is my understanding that he is the man responsible for bringing back the .500 Jeffery in 1986 after which it became popular due to Mr. Tony Sanchez Arino ( one of my favorite big game hunters of ALL time ) using it successfully on elephant. Mr. Harald Wolf apparently run a company called Mastergunworks in Belgium. But l can't find any trace of him anymore. Does anyone here know if he is still around and making rifles ?
He even used to run a rifle Magazine called " Hatari Times " . He seems to have Vanished .
Does he have an email address or website ?
Hi I am Pieter van Zyl from Namibia. I was given a 416 Rigby rifle on a Mauser magnum action that was build by Harald Wolf on order from Tony Sanchez for a mr Seratosa of spain. Seratosa later gave the rifle to his son in law which was living in Namibia. Tony and the son in law hunted a couple of times together and became freinds. Then something on the bolt of the rifle broke and the son in law gave the bolt to Tony to take to Wolf in Belgium for repairs. Tony and the son in law had a quarrel and Tony then threw the bolt away and they never spoke to each other. Now the rifle is mine and I am trying to find a bolt that my gunsmith can make fit. Can anyone maybe help or assist in finding a bolt.

Last edited:
Hi I am Pieter van Zyl from Namibia. I was given a 416 Rigby rifle on a Mauser magnum action that was build by Harald Wolf on order from Tony Sanchez for a mr Seratosa of spain. Seratosa later gave the rifle to his son in law which was living in Namibia. Tony and the son in law hunted a couple of times together and became freinds. Then something on the bolt of the rifle broke and the son in law gave the bolt to Tony to take to Wolf in Belgium for repairs. Tony and the son in law had a quarrel and Tony then threw the bolt away and they never spoke to each other. Now the rifle is mine and I am trying to find a bolt that my gunsmith can make fit. Can anyone maybe help or assist in finding a bolt.

a bolt can be sourced from prechtl or Reimer Johansson out of German. A bolted action in the white is about $4500 USD. If they’ll sell you a bolt alone it is likely over $1000 and you’ll need an expert gunsmith to fit it.

a bolt can be sourced from prechtl or Reimer Johansson out of German. A bolted action in the white is about $4500 USD. If they’ll sell you a bolt alone it is likely over $1000 and you’ll need an expert gunsmith to fit it.
Thankyou

Does anyone have a contact email for Harald or business please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg